+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t democracy is dead

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Pure demographic changes mean that if not a single person changed their vote and different age groups voted exactly as they did at the referendum, remain would now win.

There is no mandate for a hard Brexit, or arguably even now soft Brexit.

If we have a hard Brexit without the people having a say democracy is dead I agree.

The problem with our democracy at the moment is that it has been tasked with delivering the undeliverable... there is no consensus on that Brexit should look like, and no way of reflecting the vastly conflicting views of the people.

People who have an inadequate understanding of politics may feel betrayed by the fact our politicians have been unable to agree on Brexit, but to be fair they represent a diverse group of constituencies who would each feel betrayed if their interests were not represented.

The inevitable consequence was constitutional crisis. This isn't some elitist conspiracy or plot to get out of Brexit, it's just what happens when a government has no way to reach agreement. It's hard to see any way at all out of it beyond going back to the people, which ironically is the most democratic thing you can do in the event of such a consensus failure and constitutional crisis.
    John, there is no such thing as a hard or soft Brexit, even in economic terms, there’s isn’t a cliff edge either, it’s been invented by rich people who have lost control of people they see as thick.

Some of the drivel is incredulous.

Incredulous?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Don't be more stupid than you can help. If someone is in prison a miscarriage of justice can be rectified. If they've been hanged it can't.
    You started it!

Misscarraiges aren’t rectified idiot! Because they still serve their sentence you plank.

The point is if we had a referendum on hanging it’s estimated 65% would vote for it, the details thereafter are for those wonderful people in parliament

I voted for a clean break from the EU and find it insulting that we Leavers are being portrayed as unintelligent people who didn't know what we were doing. We're even getting leaflets through the letterbox from the Peoples Vote brigade insinuating just the same. Somebody/organisation is pumping big money into this Remain campaign. It stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    I voted for a clean break from the EU and find it insulting that we Leavers are being portrayed as unintelligent people who didn't know what we were doing. We're even getting leaflets through the letterbox from the Peoples Vote brigade insinuating just the same. Somebody/organisation is pumping big money into this Remain campaign. It stinks.
    Billionaire currency speculator and arch-globalist George Soros is funding it, he has form for interfering in the democratic process.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    You started it!

Misscarraiges aren’t rectified idiot! Because they still serve their sentence you plank.

The point is if we had a referendum on hanging it’s estimated 65% would vote for it, the details thereafter are for those wonderful people in parliament
    The Guildford Four, The Bridgwater Four, The M25 Three, The Birmingham Six were all released early from their sentences because it was felt that justice had been perverted. Many of those involved would probably have hanged if we had had capital punishment at the time. It seems to me that it is preferable to serve a period in jail for something you did not do and later be pardoned than be executed. Bell ends like you probably think (I use the term lightly) differently.

The Guildford Four, The Bridgwater Four, The M25 Three, The Birmingham Six were all released early from their sentences because it was felt that justice had been perverted. Many of those involved would probably have hanged if we had had capital punishment at the time. It seems to me that it is preferable to serve a period in jail for something you did not do and later be pardoned than be executed. Bell ends like you probably think (I use the term lightly) differently.
    They were jailed you feckin pr1ck

Happy to discuss being a bellend any time you see fit must be face to face though

Do ever read anything before posting rubbish?

Do ever read anything before posting rubbish?
    Patty, you called me a “bell end” follow it up if you think it’s justifiable

Thought not

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast