+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t democracy is dead

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's not comparable.

There's a difference between people who are genuinely starving and people who use food banks in the UK.

No-one is starving in the UK, we have a generous benefit system, people from all over the world come here to use it.

Food banks are popular because they're free, anything that's given away free there's always going to be loads of demand.
    Obviously not generous enough gfire

If migrants can speak English good enough to be able to communicate its helps them get jobs as well as being able to integrate into local communities. As for brits abroad they should make an effort to learn the local language. I don't give a **** bout brits abroad.

That was in response to sawmiller

Why would the Chinese government want us to have their people?

Until recently they didn't let their citizens travel abroad at all.
    If we want to do business with China then we do it by their rules. Their government say if another country wants a trade deal and their investment then that country has accept their people. If we dont like it we have the right to walk away.

The EU is different. The EU is Chinas biggest market and China the EUs second biggest market. The 2 are well under way to updating its current trading arrangement.

Just so you know, China is soon to become the biggest tourist destination and sends the most tourists abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Obviously not generous enough gfire
    Food free, more money to spend on other stuff (not just booze and fags but there are some like that).

Left-wing hyperbole on this subject is silly.

Food free, more money to spend on other stuff (not just booze and fags but there are some like that).

Left-wing hyperbole on this subject is silly.
    Same old denial of what the gov't is doing to it's own people, deliberately, you do know that you can't really just walk into a foodbank and take stuff, don't you?? You have to be referred, you have to be interviewed as to the needs required.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Nope, it doesn't go over my head at all, but you're conflating again, they're two entirely different topics with entirely different arguments for both, get back in yer box son...
    I’m conflating nothing. I just think it is fascinating that you get the equation 'Brexit = increased costs for UK business = job losses', but when someone sets out the equation 'Labour government = increased costs for UK business = job losses', you go into denial and get a bit frothy at the mouth and start talking about offshore bank accounts.

The source of the increased costs is irrelevant; the outcome would be just the same. It’s just that you choose to believe the Brexit equation, but don’t choose to believe the Labour government one.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 20-01-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Same old denial of what the gov't is doing to it's own people, deliberately, you do know that you can't really just walk into a foodbank and take stuff, don't you?? You have to be referred, you have to be interviewed as to the needs required.
    Bet I know more poor people than you.

In most cases, the poorer people are, the more they drink and smoke, and those things are not cheap.

How can people on benefits afford to chain smoke?

And what you said can't be true cos I know a millionaire who used to go there until his friends told him not to (being tight is a common trait of millionaires I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Being able to speak the language - well that's so very many British Ex-Pats packing their bags then
    I speak perfect American you Motherf%$ker!

Bet I know more poor people than you.

In most cases, the poorer people are, the more they drink and smoke, and those things are not cheap.

How can people on benefits afford to chain smoke?

And what you said can't be true cos I know a millionaire who used to go there until his friends told him not to (being tight is a common trait of millionaires I believe).
    Ever thought of becoming a research assistant for the Sun GF? You observe the same scrupulous disregard for facts, common sense and logic as that tabloid. They may also be a bit short of people who mix so effortlessly with millionaires and human detritus.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast