+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Twitter Tw@ttery

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    I was so angry with him last night, calling out individual players. Especially as one of them was a young professional Bird.

If I was manager I’d be on the phone this morning telling him to stick out of the team’s business and that it is the manager’s domain to pass comment on performance of individuals.

So irresponsible and brainless.
    What did he say about Bird? and who else did he have a go at?

Can’t link the tweet but here it is:

“I understand your frustration. Hewitt scores instead of missing an open goal and it’s a different game. Bird’s now had 2 great chances to score from 2yds and missed them both at critical times. I’m not digging just those players out but they have to go in. No more excuses!”

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    Can’t link the tweet but here it is:

“I understand your frustration. Hewitt scores instead of missing an open goal and it’s a different game. Bird’s now had 2 great chances to score from 2yds and missed them both at critical times. I’m not digging just those players out but they have to go in. No more excuses!”
    Thanks. So Bird gets most of the flak. A joke, a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Oh good Lord, anyone seen Hardy's Twitter action from last night? Going on about how he can see how Trew was hounded out, and threatening to quite Twitter again. Ridiculous.

Why does he get involved? Notts fans are hurting and angry; last night was the worst time for him to be on social media. Plus, every time he posts anything, countless Mansfield fans jump on the opportunity to wind him up further. They're all over his Twitter like a rash. Honestly, if I were subject to that level/amount of abuse from ****s like that, I'd probably lose it.

I can only see this ending badly. He'll take all the Twitter nonsense to heart and sell up. The trolls will think it's hilarious, and meanwhile us normal Notts fans will be left in the ****. As usual.
    This is all going to end in tears. Why does he put himself in that environment? Has he learned nothing from the Trew era and what happened on social media?

The best thing for football chairman is to stay away from social media and quietly go about their business releasing statements via the official club channels and match day programme. I know it’s his own personal account and he can do what he want’s but ultimately it is a public platform. Why put yourself in that situation? Again it just gives trolls an opportunity to goad him, disgruntled fans to have a go along then the psychopants will come along and pat him on the back and massage his ego. Rinse and repeat.

Honestly Twitter is the spawn of the devil in situations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    This is all going to end in tears. Why does he put himself in that environment? Has he learned nothing from the Trew era and what happened on social media?

The best thing for football chairman is to stay away from social media and quietly go about their business releasing statements via the official club channels and match day programme. I know it’s his own personal account and he can do what he want’s but ultimately it is a public platform. Why put yourself in that situation? Again it just gives trolls an opportunity to goad him, disgruntled fans to have a go along then the psychopants will come along and pat him on the back and massage his ego. Rinse and repeat.

Trouble is the man thinks he's actually knowledgeable about the game. He's got nothing to say and he says it too loud, still he's got a full days football today, George and Sophie are playing wow wee...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

Couldn't agree more.

If I was confident that the comments on Twitter were water off a duck's back for Hardy and don't affect his decision-making in any way, then I'd be less concerned, but the way he's responding suggests it does get to him, and I don't see that having a demoralised or resentful owner can in any way be good for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Trouble is the man thinks he's actually knowledgeable about the game. He's got nothing to say and he says it too loud, still he's got a full days football today, George and Sophie are playing wow wee...

Have a go at the kids now..excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nahh mate, Ive changed my mind and $1 million is only mere pocket change to me anyway these days. (hey, if only eh lol).
    Anyway I bet your grinning doggy actually came up with the idea, and your nicking all the credit aren't you.
    Bugger. I've been rumbled

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Have a go at the kids now..excellent.
    What a moronic statement, how is that having a go at his kids? Just echoing what he's tweeted. I just thought he might have more pressing issues to deal with and tweet to his avid following. You keep flogging that dead horse Joe.

[QUOTE=McCullochisGod;39121377]What a moronic statement, how is that having a go at his kids? Just echoing what he's tweeted. I just thought he might have more pressing issues to deal with and tweet to his avid following. You keep flogging that dead horse Joe.

Perhaps with some people family comes first, a lesson you could learn.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast