+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Twitter Tw@ttery

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I admire your eternal optimism Swale, but I am more of a logical than emotional person so have to go on the evidence of my own eyes. That evidence tells me we are as good as down. I can't do "keep the faith, we can still survive" type posts because my brain tells me otherwise. In the last month we've played Macc, Grimsby, Oldham, Cambridge and Yeovil. All were poor bottom half teams, and every time a win would have closed the gap on them and given us something to build on. How many points did we get from those games? Not a single f*cking one. Our players are so gutless that even the worst teams in the division are beating us comfortably. I have tons and tons of hope, but absolutely zero belief. I won't ever give up on the club, but I have to tell it as I see it.
    I have no problem with 'as good as down'. I don't run on blind faith either in circumstances like these (I do when there's not so much at stake, obviously ). I just cannot accept or tolerate giving up BEFORE all is lost. I'm a fight-to-the-bitter-end person in everything and I'm not 'predicting' survival either, just not giving up until there mathematically and factually is no more hope to be extracted from the situation and, in my opinion, with 17 games to go, that's not yet ..not quite anyway
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-01-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I have no problem with 'as good as down'. I don't run on blind faith either in circumstances like these (I do when there's not so much at stake, obviously ). I just cannot accept or tolerate giving up BEFORE all is lost. I'm a fight-to-the-bitter-end person in everything and I'm not 'predicting' survival either, just not giving up until there mathematically and factually is no more hope to be extracted from the situation and, in my opinion, with 17 games to go, that's not yet ..not quite anyway
    Agreed, until it’s mathematically impossible there’s hope.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Agreed, until it’s mathematically impossible there’s hope.
    That's what kills you.

I have to say I admire the optimism and the fight still left in you. But unfortunately our team don't seem to reflect this at all. There's no hunger, despite the dire situation. Our squad (and club) is a bloated overpaid disorganised mess. Until I can see some of that hunger in them, then I'd rather just start to come to terms with it. 😫

Sune Hansen @SuneHansen84
    Replying to @Bigalanh5

I trust you... And it’s wonderful to have a open dialog with the chairman of the club... Keep up the good work... ����

https://twitter.com/SuneHansen84/sta...44714535313408

Yes, it's ****ing marvellous, isn't it?

Any more of that **** and I'll stop watching Vikings.

Unholy alliance of reds,stags, outsiders and drongos that feed his ego online.

I agree with you Swale and I won't give up.

However, I can't just ignore what has happened this season, especially over the last few weeks.

Played Macc, Cambridge, Grimsby, Yeovil, Oldham, with not one point. The gap is widening.

I'm a 'fight until the bitter end' type of person too, and if it were me out on the pitch, I'd give it absolutely everything from start to finish. But it's not me, or you, or any of us out there, it's a bunch of players who have proven themselves incapable of competing at the most basic level - commitment, passion, energy, desire. This is why I believe we are down, and this is why I have all but given up hope of a revival. Whatever I think or believe or hope, it's still going to be those same gutless players out there on the pitch.

Every weekend there's a small spark of hope in me, saying 'maybe this is the week they turn up... maybe we'll nick three points and start a revival' but every single week the same thing happens. Corner, no marking, goal. Clear chances for us missed. The players look defeated from the start, and don't even expect to win or score. It doesn't matter how much fight us fans have, we are totally powerless.

When you are 3 wins from catching up you have only won 4 all season,reality kicks in

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    When you are 3 wins from catching up you have only won 4 all season,reality kicks in
    And it's actually much worse than that, because we also have to rely on at least two teams above us not picking up any points whilst we win those three!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast