+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Utter Twitter Tw@ttery

I would just love to stand in front of that shower of sh1t and give them what for.

There is a small but very vocal group of young Notts fans on Twitter who want Hardy gone. They all have multiple accounts and are far too young to realise that as bad as Hardy is, things could be much worse and have been much worse.

They are of the generation where they want instant success and if you don't get it you scream repeatedly on Social Media until something changes and then when the change doesn't improve you go back to screaming for more change.

It's sad, but it's football these days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    There is a small but very vocal group of young Notts fans on Twitter who want Hardy gone. They all have multiple accounts and are far too young to realise that as bad as Hardy is, things could be much worse and have been much worse.

They are of the generation where they want instant success and if you don't get it you scream repeatedly on Social Media until something changes and then when the change doesn't improve you go back to screaming for more change.

Instant success ? More gradual failure might make us all feel better....

Agreed Prophet but we haven't even had gradual success. Hardy goes where? Who in their right mind would buy Notts?
    Sadly I feel insolvency will "solve" the problem for him. I hope not I really do but as has been pointed out bloated and badly managed it certainly is.
    Not giving up though. See you for Lincoln. Praying for a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Sadly I feel insolvency will "solve" the problem for him. I hope not I really do but as has been pointed out bloated and badly managed it certainly is.
    We're two places lower than when Hardy took over and we were in a real mess behind the scenes too. Scardino, the Trust and Trew all left us around 20 places lower than where they found us and facing financial ruin. So in that respect, ie taking into account what he inherited, we're not currently in a much worse position. Gate wise, we're now averaging more than half of the clubs in L1 and we're the 3rd highest in L2. Attendances have noticeably improved.

The real problem isn't losing our 'league status' (it sounds dramatic but in reality we'll still be in a league next season with a set of fixtures to play) the problem is the lack of promotion places at that level, the fact you have to be champions to guarantee coming back up. That will not be easy. There's a number of clubs that have done well since coming back up, but it took them several seasons to get out of that 5th tier.

Spot on. Horrendous to read it all isn't it? They think it's just a bit of fun too. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Spot on. Horrendous to read it all isn't it? They think it's just a bit of fun too. Sad.
    It's horrific. I have no issue with anyone who would prefer Hardy to leave, but these kids have no idea that hounding him out of the club does no-one any good. They seem to think that there are a stream of buyers lined up and that a new owner would instantly make things better and that every owner is happy to pump millions into a club.

They abuse him at every opportunity and blame him solely for all the issues. For all his faults, I would take Hardy over Trew everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

It's horrific. I have no issue with anyone who would prefer Hardy to leave, but these kids have no idea that hounding him out of the club does no-one any good. They seem to think that there are a stream of buyers lined up and that a new owner would instantly make things better and that every owner is happy to pump millions into a club.

They abuse him at every opportunity and blame him solely for all the issues. For all his faults, I would take Hardy over Trew everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
    It is absolutely horrific. These so-called Notts fans have no idea what they are doing or saying. It's all just a game, played out on a screen from the comfort of their home. The same goes for the Mansfield and Forest trolls who are all over Hardy's Twitter and pretty much any Notts-related marketing channel.

I've said it on many occasions before, but social media really does bring out the worst in people. It's like a chance for insecure people to play the bully and kick people when they're down. It reduces what is a wonderful game to something nasty and childish.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember a season like this in terms the level of online gloating and piss taking that's coming our way. It really does seem to have ramped up to another level. But I still don't get it.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 21-01-2019 at 11:49 AM.

They treat real-life footie as if it's a computer game. I fear that if we lose this life we will see 'game over'

On a post by Notts about the U23's playing a game, these are the replys so far...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast