+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AH, with apologies to Churchill

AH, with apologies to Churchill

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few,

or

Never in the field of professional football was so much lost to so many by so few.

Just seen that he's now got the gall to argue with Stag fans

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    1h1 hour ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Paul Beastall

You don’t even get 5,000 for home games never mind away games!

Alan Hardy
    12m12 minutes ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Sam Vaughan

One swallow doesn’t make a summer. How’s your 20,000 seater stadium?

Sorry, the man's an idiot. He has no clarity of thought, no self-discipline and I'd be embarrassed to work in any of his organisations. He could be forgiven if we were walking away with the league.

Compare to O'Brien who (listen to his interview) is very clear about the harm and distraction of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

or

Never in the field of professional football was so much lost to so many by so few.

Alan Hardy
    1h1 hour ago

Alan Hardy
    12m12 minutes ago

Sorry, the man's an idiot. He has no clarity of thought, no self-discipline and I'd be embarrassed to work in any of his organisations. He could be forgiven if we were walking away with the league.

Compare to O'Brien who (listen to his interview) is very clear about the harm and distraction of social media.

Yes the mans an idiot, he has put £9 million into our club, let’s keep slagging him off because he goes on Twitter...sigh.

A positive if I may! People were (rightly) worried about the chairman wanting to pull out, he's just publicly come out fighting, it's crass, but hell at least he's just confirmed he's still all in for Notts.

How has he come out fighting? By attempting to belittle a local club just because they have a smaller stadium capacity? Thats just childish. No wonder he gets stick if he is showing that's how his mind works.
    On a positive note, I think we have enough in the squad with the new additions to avoid the drop. I can't do the long journeys these days but I will be cheering us on from home. I'll continue to support our club whoever is the owner.
    PS and I agree, Oldpie. Jim O'Brien could teach our Chairman a thing or two about social media.
    Last edited by placidpie; 19-01-2019 at 12:02 AM.

d
    Last edited by matt5cott; 19-01-2019 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    How has he come out fighting?
    By illustrating he's still passionate and gives a sheet, IMO.

belittle a local club just because they have a smaller stadium capacity? Thats just childish. No wonder he gets stick if he is showing that's how his mind works.
    I agree with this 100%, it's daft regardless, nevermind with Notts in their current position, what good can come of these comments? I said on another thread "under promise, over deliver" it's a mantra I'd love to see at Notts....
    Last edited by matt5cott; 19-01-2019 at 12:19 AM.

How has he come out fighting? By attempting to belittle a local club just because they have a smaller stadium capacity? Thats just childish. No wonder he gets stick if he is showing that's how his mind works.
    On a positive note, I think we have enough in the squad with the new additions to avoid the drop. I can't do the long journeys these days but I will be cheering us on from home. I'll continue to support our club whoever is the owner.
    PS and I agree, Oldpie. Jim O'Brien could teach our Chairman a thing or two about social media.
    Don't remember AH building the 20,000 capacity stadium? Or a training ground that he promised either.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

or

Alan Hardy
    1h1 hour ago

Alan Hardy
    12m12 minutes ago

No dispute that he shouldn't been getting involved in silly Twitter arguments with Stags fans, but you don't make the sort of money he's made by being an idiot. He just needs to forget his own Twitter password!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    No dispute that he shouldn't been getting involved in silly Twitter arguments with Stags fans, but you don't make the sort of money he's made by being an idiot. He just needs to forget his own Twitter password!
    Maybe he has sound business minds around him at Paragon?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Maybe he has sound business minds around him at Paragon?
    Well to be fair, any company boss is only as good as his staff are talented. He presumably must have recruited well at Paragon, but possibly less well at NCFC, at least on the football side of things.

Having said that, football's such a bizarre, one-off industry that I don't think there are many proven management handbooks around!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast