+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Leicester City Matchday Thread

That’s how I see it Woody, any points over and above forty is a bonus.

Nuno quote on his sending off “Its the law... I’m so happy” 😂😂😂
    Last edited by nortonwolf; 19-01-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Will do a report later when I have had time to wind down.. What I will say is, the referee gave us f..k all and we were lucky to get that!

What a game! I'm still coming down after that. Make no mistake, give me games like this where we are on the edge of our seats throughout.

I've often said regarding games that 2-0 is seen as a dangerous score to have. Leicester could have had no complaints if wolves had gone in with at least a couple more goals than our 2-0 lead. It was a frantic start from Wolves with the Neves effort saved and then the goals from Jota and Bennett. Jota is looking back to his best. He could also have had another had in not directed a header straight at Schmeichel.

Who could have predicted the Leicester star and comeback in the second half? i couldn't! Gray took his goal well and Coady again on the score sheet for the opposition. When Wolves again took the lead through Jota, you always hope that's the end of the scoring, but how wrong was i. At least with his second of the game, it was better than the chance he squandered just before. Back again came Leicester with the Morgan goal and it just left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Despite the ref not wanting to give Wolves at least one penalty for for fouls on Jota, it was great to see Jota get his hat-trick. The timing of the goal leaves no chance for the opposition to reply. I was surprise to see Doherty left out of the starting eleven, but Nuno will see it as getting a look at Jonny in the right wing role and Vinagre on the left. I do think both sides showed their defensive frailties, but at the end of the day i'm glad of the three points and the win.

With two teams who were almost next to one another in the table it could have been stale mate. Leicester had beaten us in the League early in the season, and then knocked us out of the League Cup on penalties, We were due a win, and after Neves had brought a worldly save from Schmeichel, Jota pounced on a superb pass from Jonny to open the scoring. When Bennett rose highest to nod in the second, few people in the stadium would have anticipated what drama was about to unfold. Patricio, whose kicking is dire, proceeded to almost let Leicester back in, fortunately his shot stopping is still world class.

Unlike Man City, we took our foot of the gas and Leicester clawed their way back into an entertaining game. Chilwell was causing us problems out wide, and the Wolverhampton born Gray was proving a handful for our defenders. The first half was moving at pace and Jota could have put the game to bed when he met with his head, a superb cross from the impressive Jimenez. However, the huge Leicester keeper was in the right place at the right time.

It was quite a relaxed feeling at half time to be 2-0 in front, but the back room staff must stop putting sleeping pills in the half time drinks. Within minutes Leicester had one back and four minutes later they were level, we were suddenly looking at yet another home defeat. To their credit the lads battled back and Nevis, who is looking fantastic again, brought a clearance from our defence down with consummate ease and almost in the same movement splayed a stunning pass to Jota who slotted his second of the game.

As I have said before in this thread, the referee was giving us nothing, yes he had booked a Leicester player, but let Vardy con him into giving Bennett a yellow and was totally passive when on two occasions Jota was bundled to the ground in the penalty area. I understand that Jota is going up to Manchester City next week to speak with Stirling, and learn how to dive!

When we went 3-2 up you could sense that this was not over and so it proved. A dubious foul by Jonny and a free kick swung in by substitute Maddison enabled Wes Morgan to arrive at the far post and forcefully head yet another equaliser. Another two points dropped as the board went up indicating 3 minutes extra time. Some supporters were leaving as Jimenez found jota who raced clear and blasted the ball into the net via the arm of Schmeichel. The majority of the 31,000 plus crowd erupted and Nuno joined in before he received a red card.. The same referee never ordered Klopp off when he ran right on to the pitch a few weeks ago.. one rule for one and one rule for the other!

For the impartial viewer watching on TV it must have been some game, a great advert for English football but not a great advert on how to defend. I have just seen on the internet that a number of so called Wolves fans are having a go at Vinagre, not his best game but he is just 19 and has been very good in all the games this season. It seems to be a Wolves disease that supporters pick on a player and no matter what they do they will pillory them.. I had a stranger sitting next to me today, the usual season ticket holder being missing. He took every opportunity he could to blast Cody. What planet are some people on.

The results went for us today and a win against West Ham next should see us pushing for a comfortable top ten place come May.

Abbo: Re "I understand that Jota is going up to Manchester City next week to speak with Stirling, and learn how to dive!"

I've heard that Stirling is not available, as he is giving Tom Daley extra coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Abbo: Re "I understand that Jota is going up to Manchester City next week to speak with Stirling, and learn how to dive!"

I've heard that Stirling is not available, as he is giving Tom Daley extra coaching.
    Like it.

Apparently not playing Doherty was tactical, I assume that means that Nuno wanted to play Jonny on the right to deal with Leicester’s strength on that side?

Abbo, re the two ‘penalty’ shouts, in both instances Jota had lost control of the ball before he was fouled, that’s my humble opinion from the Steve Bull Upper!

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Apparently not playing Doherty was tactical, I assume that means that Nuno wanted to play Jonny on the right to deal with Leicester’s strength on that side?

Abbo, re the two ‘penalty’ shouts, in both instances Jota had lost control of the ball before he was fouled, that’s my humble opinion from the Steve Bull Upper!
    I agree with your comments on the penalty shouts, Norton. TV supports your comments as well.

Abbo and 71. Thanks for the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post

I sit in the Steve Bull upper, but I must admit I didn't get a really clear view of either. However, the second one near the end, Stirling would have gone down and won a penalty and so would Salah. I am in no way condoning cheating, I just want a level playing-field and consistency from the referees.

Stirling conned the ref in the Manchester City match, while yesterday Salah tried it against Crystal Palace, fortunately the referee was alive to it.

I did not think the ref yesterday covered himself in glory, and having seen the Jota booking again it was never a yellow in a month of Sundays. The problem is that these yellows add up and before you know it you have to serve a ban.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)