+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Only 1-4 in the end eh ?. Not good enough, Stendel OUT! etc.

I also hope its just a knock on Cauley and nothing more serious.
    Btw I know we want to go back up of course and that is still our aim. But how many decent Satdy nights are we going to have like this if we were playing in the Champship.
    Reading the Rotherham board tonight tends to back that up acido .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    We have beaten the shi££ESR side in the League.
    Grand result, but what happens in the next 14 days is more telling.
    Good win........... made up.....

BUT....................
    About the next 12 days when it all could be dismantled...
    And not one person on this board can be confident that the result today will have the pounds rolling in Chinese and French eyes
    We can only wait and see jules .

It's like what those brave lads in submarines had to endure when the battleships above were dropping depth charges on em in WW2 .

Your just sat there waiting for the fatal blow to be delivered and there's feck all you can do about it .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    We have beaten the shi££ESR side in the League.
    Grand result, but what happens in the next 14 days is more telling.
    Good win........... made up.....

BUT....................
    About the next 12 days when it all could be dismantled...
    And not one person on this board can be confident that the result today will have the pounds rolling in Chinese and French eyes
    Chuffed with the team, the manager and the result.
    We have the best team in this league in my opinion, and if we play to our potential we could well be top by the time we play Portsmouth.
    But we are low on numbers and injuries and suspensions could cost us dear.
    We started with youngsters Brown & Williams today, big Victor came on, and our back up 'keeper has no experience.
    We have to get a couple of players in, and keep what we've got.
    Not just kids from league 2 either.
    I see Maja scored for Sunderland today despite big interest in him, and him refusing a new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Chuffed with the team, the manager and the result.
    We have the best team in this league in my opinion, and if we play to our potential we could well be top by the time we play Portsmouth.
    But we are low on numbers and injuries and suspensions could cost us dear.
    We started with youngsters Brown & Williams today, big Victor came on, and our back up 'keeper has no experience.
    We have to get a couple of players in, and keep what we've got.
    Not just kids from league 2 either.
    I see Maja scored for Sunderland today despite big interest in him, and him refusing a new deal.
    Definitely getting interesting to say the least , Hecky 1/3 for the Luton job apparently which just adds to the drama .

As acido's alluded to , better than struggling your tyts off in the championship any day of the week .

Good result
    A banana skin that in the past [not too distant] we would have slipped on so I think we are learning how to win

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Reading the Rotherham board tonight tends to back that up acido .
    Ohh I haven't looked on there tonight.. yet!.
    But whether we were joking about it with them or not in Jul/Aug, wasn't the idea at the start of the season that we might swap places as clubs again in May.
    At the moment I reckon every season at that level is going to be like that, unless proper financial backing is given and we stop keep selling off the jewels at every opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Good result
    A banana skin that in the past [not too distant] we would have slipped on so I think we are learning how to win
    I think Stendel and Winkler deserve great credit for turning last season's debacle in to a positive .

Not an easy thing to do with confidence levels shot and the your not good enough running through your head .

Done a tremendous job so far coming here from a higher grade of football in their native country and taking the role on with such enthusiasm .

Make no mistake about it Hanover are a bloody big club in Germany , 50k watched them get the win they needed to win promotion back to the bundesliga .

50k watched them get the win they needed to win promotion back to the bundesliga .

Aye that's impressive. Mind you the German clubs treat supporters with respect and dunt tek pyss by charging them earth to watch football

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Aye that's impressive. Mind you the German clubs treat supporters with respect and dunt tek pyss by charging them earth to watch football
    A lad at work and their lass paid £15 each to watch Bayern Munich last november in a bundelsliga game .

You could take your beer to your seat too , in fact it would be rude not to given every fecker had a beer in their hand watching the gane .

A lad at work and their lass paid £15 each to watch Bayern Munich last november in a bundelsliga game . You could take your beer to your seat too , in fact it would be rude not to given every fecker had a beer in their hand watching the gane .
    A beer in one hand, and a bird in the other hand, and a smile on the face eh lol. Im really coming round to the idea of a bit of German footy now and then.

I also can't praise Stendel & co enough for what they have done so far this season. And like you said Animal, its made that bit harder if they've come in straight after a miserable relegation season. AND its in a foreign country and county and city/town which will surely be a massive culture shock to them.
    And when I heard Stendel was in the taarn pubs supping beer and wearing his German shirt, and watching/supporting them in the World cup last summer, I thought hey I like how this bloke works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast