+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Yeovil Town 19.1.19

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    We're all feeling negative today Navy. I'm trying to find slithers of hope
    I'm trying not to be but struggling to be honest mate. By the way, at the Bury away game were you the chap I saw who had obviously had a recent operation on their hand?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm trying not to be but struggling to be honest mate. By the way, at the Bury away game were you the chap I saw who had obviously had a recent operation on their hand?

No, that was a Mansfailed fan, he had a finger taken off so he has only 6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    No that wasn't me fella

At least Mansfield fans could have walked into a saloon in the old west and ordered 6 fingers of whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    No, that was a Mansfailed fan, he had a finger taken off so he has only 6 now.
    Some posts make me chuckle, this isn't one of them.

No real chance now, not a glimmer of hope from us and other teams gaining momentum.

There are some diabolical players at the club and as ever there are too many passengers who aren’t going to challenge for a plac but there are a fair few who really, REALLY should be doing better. Inevitably when they leave they will be picked up by teams in this league and many will probably flourish. It has to be deeper than that.

At the start of the season everyone could see that two centre halves and a proper leader in midfield would’ve improved things no end. We didn’t get them and there wasn’t much sign that they were a priority. The problems come from the top down.

Hardy shares a hell of a lot of the characteristics which made Trew a disaster as owner. Whilst the latter was a lot more passive aggressive in the way he showed his displeasure at not being loved Hardy is more prone to a public outburst but both are two sides of the same coin. Both like obvious tangible gestures (bar refurbs v changing rooms) and want to be the hero but are stubborn while making decisions on emotion and, when it comes to it, not holding their nerve long enough to trust their own decisions.

Who actually advises Hardy and on what? His mantra was always that he brings in people who know more than him but other than the likes of Roy Parker who is there?

The ‘cancer’ in the dressing room won’t just disappear if we bring in a few battlers, the culture seems wrong from the top. Whenever anyone tells it like it is (Kewell) they’re out. How long will Ardley last if he keeps coating the players? For what it’s worth I would like him to stay next year and think he’s had by far the hardest task of the three managers. Makes you wonder if part of the reason for Kewell’s sacking, odd choice that he was, was the fact he was criticising the components of someone’s vanity project.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    The positivity just keeps flowing....
    It's difficult to remain positive when there are very few signs for optimism. If we'd been beaten today by a dodgy decision by the ref, or an offside goal, after having played well, I'd at least be able to view it a little more objectively. As it stands, we just keep making the same (basic) mistakes that we've been making since the beginning of August and have also become toothless in attack.

We're at the business end of the season now and there is nothing happening to make me believe we have any chance of survival.

I remember last April when we played away at Chesterfield, who were ultimately doomed, and they played us off the park. We've been heading this way for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    It's difficult to remain positive when there are very few signs for optimism. If we'd been beaten today by a dodgy decision by the ref, or an offside goal, after having played well, I'd at least be able to view it a little more objectively. As it stands, we just keep making the same (basic) mistakes that we've been making since the beginning of August and have also become toothless in attack.

We're at the business end of the season now and there is nothing happening to make me believe we have any chance of survival.

I remember last April when we played away at Chesterfield, who were ultimately doomed, and they played us off the park. We've been heading this way for a long time.
    Absolutely spot on. I would like to have said great post but that would hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post

The problem is that it is the same players that make the same mistake, but still play every week. until that stops, then results will not be in our favour

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    The problem is that it is the same players that make the same mistake, but still play every week. until that stops, then results will not be in our favour
    Have to try to stay positive, but, I honestly can't see us staying up.

Losing v Grimsby (4 - 0), Macc, Cambridge & Yeovil in 7 games, we only have ourselves to blame.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast