+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Yeovil Town 19.1.19

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    We know Dickinson is useless against pace - can't we try to exploit that?
    But the pace against him is Hewitt. A slug on salt is faster than Hewitt, so that plan is a no go

All our pace is injured.....

It's an interesting point regarding who starts up front.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing with players not having faith in their game, or tactics. From what I have seen, we look most threatening going forward when Stead drops deeper, and we have runners from midfield who provide numbers in the box with Dennis. The wing backs (if we play that system) push up to give support out wide.

Lumping the ball up to Stead has never worked, and it doesn't bring our other attacking players into play.

As Ardley said, we don't have enough drive in the team, but then today the core of our team he picked are the oldest/slowest we have in the squad. This is where I believe Hewitt would be better employed, to drive forward from midfield into the box. Dennis gives good movement in and around the box too, but the ball rarely seems to go into his feet, or slipped behind a defender for him to make runs off the shoulder.

Another attack fizzles out without a shot. 1 min added on.

To be fai, for all the doom and gloom, it sounds like we're having a go again and it's just another stupid mistake that separates the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    All our pace is injured.....
    Should have started Aless on the right instead of Hewitt and put Dennis up front. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Should have started Aless on the right instead of Hewitt and put Dennis up front. Simple
    I think we've got to go 4-4-2 and exploit Dicko.

What about Aless on right, O'Brien and Vaughan middle, Jones left

Dennis and Stead upfront

Yeovil one shot on target...

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    It's an interesting point regarding who starts up front.

I don't know if it's a confidence thing with players not having faith in their game, or tactics. From what I have seen, we look most threatening going forward when Stead drops deeper, and we have runners from midfield who provide numbers in the box with Dennis. The wing backs (if we play that system) push up to give support out wide.

Lumping the ball up to Stead has never worked, and it doesn't bring our other attacking players into play.

As Ardley said, we don't have enough drive in the team, but then today the core of our team he picked are the oldest/slowest we have in the squad. This is where I believe Hewitt would be better employed, to drive forward from midfield into the box. Dennis gives good movement in and around the box too, but the ball rarely seems to go into his feet, or slipped behind a defender for him to make runs off the shoulder.
    Hewitt to drive forward into the box. Now that has to be a joke as he hasn't done that at all all season. And when he does finally get in the box, he misses open goals. Best to drop him and never play him again

Enzio to start 2nd half

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast