+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Yeovil Town 19.1.19

Wonder what Tarquin is thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Don’t know what was going on behind the scenes but on the face of it, sacking Kewell was ridiculous, particularly when we’d just paid Crawley for him.

He managed to win 3 games on the trot with this lot!
    It was ridiculous, and although some people seem to want to blame the fans, in reality, very few people were calling for Kewell to be sacked. It seems more likely to me that it was the players who were doing that because they had been found out.

So rather than admit he had funded an expensive squad that is a bag of ****e, Hardy blames the man who tells him that. Our chairman is a clown. Sorry but I can't forgive him for all of this. It goes way beyond a few mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Sorry, just peed off and frustrated
    You're going to need more of that rope.

Yet another Saturday evening ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It was ridiculous, and although some people seem to want to blame the fans, in reality, very few people were calling for Kewell to be sacked. It seems more likely to me that it was the players who were doing that because they had been found out.

So rather than admit he had funded an expensive squad that is a bag of ****e, Hardy blames the man who tells him that. Our chairman is a clown. Sorry but I can't forgive him for all of this. It goes way beyond a few mistakes.
    I agree with that - Hardy is ultimately responsible for presiding over this complete shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Yes, one common denominator in all this - the players (and/or Hardy).

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    And Cambridge win in the last minute... It's almost laughable now
    At the end of the day what Cambridge or any ****er else does wont make any difference, 7 points adrift & not looking like stringing any positive results together. What do we do next? I warned against sacking both Nolan & Kewell unless we had anyone better lined up but apparently panic kicked in,if AH is to stick by his guns then Ardley should be emptying his desk tonight!! I do hope not but it does seem that the "new manager bounce" that has been lacking is about the only thing that could save us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    I agree with that - Hardy is ultimately responsible for presiding over this complete shambles.
    sadly I'm coming around to this way of thinking, the one thing this club hasn't had in this decade is patience, chairmen to quick on the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Wonder what Tarquin is thinking?
    That goat's looking tasty??

Each game has an inevitability and predictability about it. We are now 7 points behind safety so we need to win at least 3 from 17 when we’ve won 4 from 29 just to get back amongst them.

1 win in 17 in the fourth tier is abysmal.

With each passing week another kick in the teeth is dished up. There comes a point where the hurt and anger turn into acceptance that we are just not good enough and lack enough quality or fight at this level. It’s a recipe for disaster not having at least one of those fundamental qualities. I’m starting to get to this point.

As someone said earlier in the thread perhaps the sooner it’s done and dusted and we are relegated the less it will hurt because we’ve already been and are going through it now. At least then plans can be made for a pivotal adjustment to the clubs status.

Part of me still holds onto that something may happen in the next 17 games to avoid the inevitable and until is becomes a mathematical certainty which at the moment means we would be relegated by Easter Monday with the current 7 points gap. That date will get ever closer if the gap widens.

We’ve literally got ten days to bring some kind of reinforcement and three months for something special to happen to save our league status.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 19-01-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast