+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disgraceful

Disgraceful

Surprise, surprise we have fallen short yet again against a side sitting in, have missed a sitter to go ahead then conceded two daft goals and we are out of the Cup. I saw this coming a mile off as we have been dreadful all season and all a competent side have to do to beat us is bide their time, get control of the midfield and take their chance when it comes and County have done that today.

Season over as far as anything to look forward to or get excited about.

Disgusted but not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Surprise, surprise we have fallen short yet again against a side sitting in, have missed a sitter to go ahead then conceded two daft goals and we are out of the Cup. I saw this coming a mile off as we have been dreadful all season and all a competent side have to do to beat us is bide their time, get control of the midfield and take their chance when it comes and County have done that today.

Disgusted but not surprised.
    To be fair many of us foresaw exactly this scenario. Wrong team and no fight.

A side likely to get promoted beating a side struggling to survive is hardly a massive cup shock but jings that was pathetic, utterly pathetic. You wonder if Robinson suddenly sprung this wide 4-4-2 on them because despite the commendable attacking intent of it, the players looked completely baffled as to how to actually make it work. Other than a duff from Main I don't think their goalie made a save before I jacked it in.

Hastie's strike means we have the cherry on top of being knocked out by a goal that should never have stood but that better not be used as excuse - we were awful, truly awful (again) and got exactly what we deserved.

We better hope McCormack was completely unfit because I can hardly remember him touching the ball.

The decision to keep Robinson for the transfer period has already been made and as ever one game, no matter how bad, will not change that. But he has a seriously short window to show he can turn things round. Our next four are Hibs (h), Dundee (a), Livi (h), St M (a). You wouldn't put a lot of money on him still being in charge by the end of it.

It's not a shock atall given how dreadful we have been and how utterly predicable we have been all season long. We do not possess the guile, flair and guidance from the dugout to win games like that and that is why Accies, St.Johnstone, Hearts and Kilmarnock have came to Fir Park this season and waltzed away with the points and Livingston got a draw which they should have won. They came, sat in, shut down the middle of the park knowing we could then only resort to long balls before we eventually gift them a chance or two. Ross County would have done their homework and would have known exactly how to play us today.

That said, losing at home to a lower league side in the first round of the Cup is unacceptable, especially when it was our one last hope of having a decent season.

We are paying the price for having a squad filled with mediocre players and a manager who is tactically inept and has failed in the transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    It's not a shock atall given how dreadful we have been and how utterly predicable we have been all season long. We do not possess the guile, flair and guidance from the dugout to win games like that and that is why Accies, St.Johnstone, Hearts and Kilmarnock have came to Fir Park this season and waltzed away with the points and Livingston got a draw which they should have won. They came, sat in, shut down the middle of the park knowing we could then only resort to long balls before we eventually gift them a chance or two. Ross County would have done their homework and would have known exactly how to play us today.

That said, losing at home to a lower league side in the first round of the Cup is unacceptable, especially when it was our one last hope of having a decent season.

We are paying the price for having a squad filled with mediocre players and a manager who is tactically inept and has failed in the transfer market.
    As I and countless others have said on here a hundred times we are so predictable it's unreal. Sit in, close us down and wait for the chances that will come your way. That game should have been put to bed by county before the hour mark if they had taken Thier chances. A dire 90 minutes and we got what we deserved today.

Where was Lasley ? Not that he could prevent but both normally stand together and confer but recently Robinson a lonely figure stood dugout. I would suggest dugout distancing themselves as watch a guy on his last legs … listen carefully you can hear Last Post being played on a bugle. I suspect if pumped by Hibs, Robinson gone as ALL his lives gone.

Listening to his interview after the game yesterday suggested to me he's had enough. I certainly have anyway.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)