+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley out!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ardley out!

We've been absolutely cr@p ever since he came in!

We were crap before too.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    We were crap before too.
    We've been worse since Kewell was sacked, not even debatable.

Biggest mistake Hardy made was appointing a manager that would want to change everything mid season and his second biggest mistake was then sacking him despite the results being nowhere close to being worthy of sacking him. Unless Kewell had a massive punch up or something then getting rid of him was pathetic and effectively relegated us imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    We've been worse since Kewell was sacked, not even debatable.

Biggest mistake Hardy made was appointing a manager that would want to change everything mid season and his second biggest mistake was then sacking him despite the results being nowhere close to being worthy of sacking him. Unless Kewell had a massive punch up or something then getting rid of him was pathetic and effectively relegated us imo.
    Correct - spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    We were crap before too.
    See? At least we're consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    See? At least we're consistent.
    Except we weren't, I said it at the time Kewell was sacked, his results were DDWWW followed by LLLDD and two of the performances in the three losses had a lot of positives in them too, we played MK Don's off the park and were robbed by the ref and we dominated Swindon until a sub changed the game. I'd f*cking love to only lose 3 games in 10 games now...

Hardy gets no sympathy from me the way he's thrown his money down the sh*tter this season, it's his awful decision making that has cost us more than anything.

We have to keep Ardley for one good reason he sounds like Martin Allen when being interviewed, and we should have never have sacked him back in the day,... I know it was Ardley going to happen was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesy_Forever View Post
    We've been absolutely cr@p ever since he came in!
    What an extremely unnecessary post.

All I can say is...zero improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    All I can say is...zero improvement.
    Difficult to disagree with that assessment at present, but probably due to the sheer ineptitude of this entire squad, which is so poor that I don't think even Neil Warnock, Sam Allardyce or the great Jimmy Sirrel would have been able to achieve a quick turnaround.

It took Sam Allardyce four months to get his first win as Notts manager when he took over the mess left by Colin Murphy and Steve Thompson, and by then it was too late to prevent relegation to League Two. He rebuilt the squad quite considerably over the summer and that in itself took until late September/October to settle, but then we began to motor, and the decision to persevere with Big Sam paid off big time, storming to the title in 1997/98. I know many fans will never remember him fondly for the way he left, but it would be churlish to deny that he did leave us top of League One with an immeasurably better team than he inherited.

We have to believe and trust that Neal Ardley can do the same. When Allardyce arrived with us he'd just narrowly failed to achieve his first football league promotion with Blackpool, whereas Ardley actually has promotion on his CV with AFC Wimbledon.

There's no quick fixes here though. It's going to take one long, grinding slog to reverse our fortunes, and we're almost certainly going to have to do it - for at least one season - as a non-league club, as unthinkable as that is.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast