+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ardley out!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Talking of players in their 30s, what's happened to Ward? Not even on the bench these day and behind Duffy and Brisley in the pecking order. I didn't think he was that bad.
    I'm sure i heard on the BBC Nottingham live feed after the game there were "Contractual Issues" as someone posted a question asking where he was - not sure what that means...

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Neal Ardley will be judged over the next 17 matches, maybe with Enzio and Hemmings fit, 2 or 3 more signings, and give Osborne and Crawford a chance, he might just pull it off.
    Afraid the "smart" money says no......

Quote Originally Posted by Pie1862 View Post
    I'm sure i heard on the BBC Nottingham live feed after the game there were "Contractual Issues" as someone posted a question asking where he was - not sure what that means...
    Yes that was what Charlie Slater said.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Because I think he is an idiot that’s why.

The way he questioned Kewell in interviews he doesn’t do that to Ardley when he is proving to be far worse as the results show we weren’t in the relegation zone under Kewell we are pretty much on our way to Barnet now.

Ardley is probably smoother than Kewell the way he talks but all I’m bothered about is results and he has proved not only here but at Wimbledon this season he isn’t getting them.
    Agree, felt like a witch hunt for Kewell because he wasn't media friendly. I have supported Hardy and to some point still do but it was him that raised it to the board apparently there was something going wrong with Kewell. Think he sighted players didn't understand his instructions, well I do believe that as they are struggling following simple setplay instructions now. Not sure what would have happened under Kewell, can't argue that under him we saw the best performances and results. I do believe Ardley can do a job but with the results required now we basically need the form of a promotion pushing team, so the only answer is we need at least another 4 or 5 top quality players and things to go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Agree, felt like a witch hunt for Kewell because he wasn't media friendly. I have supported Hardy and to some point still do but it was him that raised it to the board apparently there was something going wrong with Kewell. Think he sighted players didn't understand his instructions, well I do believe that as they are struggling following simple setplay instructions now. Not sure what would have happened under Kewell, can't argue that under him we saw the best performances and results. I do believe Ardley can do a job but with the results required now we basically need the form of a promotion pushing team, so the only answer is we need at least another 4 or 5 top quality players and things to go our way.
    My Dad was speaking to somebody over the weekend who works within the club.They said they had never met anybody like Kewell before.An arrogant b@stard,ignorant chunt,good riddance were the words they used

Apparently so.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Apparently so.
    I too heard some word's spoken about Kewell by a person of long standing employment at the club too, to say he was top of his Xmas Card list, would be telling a Porky.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    My Dad was speaking to somebody over the weekend who works within the club.They said they had never met anybody like Kewell before.An arrogant b@stard,ignorant chunt,good riddance were the words they used
    He gives that impression for sure and I was surprised we went for him and when we paid compo for him I thought we'd give him more time.

As fans do we really care what the manager is like if they get results ? I mean look at Steve Evans not exactly liked by anyone but i'd take him over Ardley in a heatbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    For the 1st time ever MIG I think the whole of this board will agree with you...
    The thought of PC being our manager sends a cold shiver down my spine.....!
    want to stay in non league hell for a while, then?
    cox does not get them playing pretty football, but he does get them at least fighting and trying to win.
    you wouldnt want him in the league, i agree, but in the bananarama conference he can, with a half decent budget, (which for the first season you would have) get you promoted.
    or you could do a cheaterfield and employ club "legends" like jack lester, or even go for mad dog allen, and hover around the trapdoor to another relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    It's unfortunate that people had their noses put out of joint, but right now, I would take unhappy staff and a few more wins, which is what Kewell gave us. We can now face obscurity knowing we have a nice manager in Neal Ardley. Maybe the managers Hardy interviewed and wrote off as 'bloody awful' would have been a better bet.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast