+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ardley out!

I have it on good authority that Ardley wanted to leave after two weeks when he realised how bad it was. He'll resign before the end of the season I'm sure.

How bad what was..the quality of the squad? I'm sure he would've watched them and done some form of due diligence before accepting the position, so he would've known they were crap. Or, is the good authority referring to stuff behind the scenes?

Lack of funds? Well Hardy has already said he would back him in the window. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    My Dad was speaking to somebody over the weekend who works within the club.They said they had never met anybody like Kewell before.An arrogant b@stard,ignorant chunt,good riddance were the words they used
    Typical Aussie male all mouth no nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    I have it on good authority that Ardley wanted to leave after two weeks when he realised how bad it was. He'll resign before the end of the season I'm sure.
    I think you are dead right unfortunately. I bet he wished he'd stayed in Dubai now. I can see him walking soon too, as I have said many times before our great club is rotten to the core and it took him 2 weeks to find out!

So what stopped him leaving? He seems a smart guy who places a lot of emphasis on stats - he must have seen all the data about Notts players before he joined, so would have been aware of the lack of mobility and pace in the side. Maybe he thought he would be able to bring more players in, the same way Kewell did.

On a personal note for Ardley, this must be a truly demoralising season: I think his recent combined league record for Notts and Wimbledon is played 22, won 2, drawn 4, lost 16. Horrible stats that would depress anyone. Allied to the fact that he’s living away from home in what look like student digs, I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks away this season if/when we go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It's unfortunate that people had their noses put out of joint, but right now, I would take unhappy staff and a few more wins, which is what Kewell gave us. We can now face obscurity knowing we have a nice manager in Neal Ardley. Maybe the managers Hardy interviewed and wrote off as 'bloody awful' would have been a better bet.
    I absolutely agree. So what if Kewell riled the players - they deserve to be riled. And all this 'they didn't understand his insrtructions' *******s doesn't wash either. They clearly can't follow the most basic of instructions, like how to defend set pieces, so no wonder they were a bit baffled by HK. Still, despite their apparent inability to understand what was being asked of them, they managed to put in half-decent performances. We played well during that 3-3 home game and should have taken all 3 points. Then there's the three games we won in a week, and the MK Dons away game, where we were the better team until the ref turned the game. Can you imagine us turning up at MK Dons now?

Kewell is the only manager who managed to turn this rabble into a cohesive team, and he was sacked before he even got started. It's a monumental mistake by Hardy, given the precarious position we were in. To be so sure of someone as to pay a hefty compensation fee, only to sack him a few months later for apparently acting in a way consistent with his temperament and personality, is ridiculous. If Hardy was so sure, why didn't he know what HK was like? Why didn't he do his due diligence and ask people what he's like to work with?

The only way sacking HK would have been acceptable is if the new manager came in and transformed the team, which Ardley clearly hasn't done. Ardley says performances have improved under him, but I disagree. We've never looked more demoralised than we do now. All he's done is reduce the number of goals we concede, but in the process he's turned us into a team that cannot score.

THe HK debacle is purely Hardy's fault, and I think it is perhaps the biggest factor in us being cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Given what happened under Trew, it beggars belief that Hardy would end up making the exact same mistakes.

What 'good authority' is this?

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me either. I think he'll stick around for a few months yet, but he'll probably walk once things get really toxic. I think he now knows that there's very little he can do to turn this around, and it must be pretty demoralising walking over the fans after each game and seeing their reaction get steadily more negative and aggressive each time. But hey, if he thinks it's bad managing Notts, he should try supporting them. At least he can walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Neal Ardley will be judged over the next 17 matches, maybe with Enzio and Hemmings fit, 2 or 3 more signings, and give Osborne and Crawford a chance, he might just pull it off.
    So might Eddie The Eagle at the next Winter Olympics.....

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    So what stopped him leaving? He seems a smart guy who places a lot of emphasis on stats - he must have seen all the data about Notts players before he joined, so would have been aware of the lack of mobility and pace in the side. Maybe he thought he would be able to bring more players in, the same way Kewell did.

On a personal note for Ardley, this must be a truly demoralising season: I think his recent combined league record for Notts and Wimbledon is played 22, won 2, drawn 4, lost 16. Horrible stats that would depress anyone. Allied to the fact that he’s living away from home in what look like student digs, I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks away this season if/when we go down.
    You mean the £1m apartment down by the racecourse is no longer a home for our managers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesy_Forever View Post
    We've been absolutely cr@p ever since he came in!
    In all honesty we have been Crap since the Plumber moved out, with the exception of Munto's borrowed & stolen money.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast