+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ardley out!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    He gives that impression for sure and I was surprised we went for him and when we paid compo for him I thought we'd give him more time.

As fans do we really care what the manager is like if they get results ? I mean look at Steve Evans not exactly liked by anyone but i'd take him over Ardley in a heatbeat.
    He had the new manager 'bounce' winning 3 games which was great, but then things started to go wrong and maybe it was his attitude that got him the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    So what stopped him leaving? He seems a smart guy who places a lot of emphasis on stats - he must have seen all the data about Notts players before he joined, so would have been aware of the lack of mobility and pace in the side. Maybe he thought he would be able to bring more players in, the same way Kewell did.
    AH said one of the things he was impressed by (he is easily impressed though) is that Ardley had done his presentation at the interview featuring the areas where Notts were leaking goals and how they could be prevented.

On a personal note for Ardley, this must be a truly demoralising season: I think his recent combined league record for Notts and Wimbledon is played 22, won 2, drawn 4, lost 16. Horrible stats that would depress anyone. Allied to the fact that he’s living away from home in what look like student digs, I wouldn’t be surprised if he walks away this season if/when we go down.
    I've said before that I think NA was a broken man before he arrived and knew it, hence trying to take a break before AH talked him into cutting it short and taking on the job. AH was desperate to get someone in before the January window but I suspect that if he'd looked closer at his interview he may have picked up on the signs of NA's state.

NA might be the right man at the wrong time?

The dangers of having an owner who thinks he knows something about league football I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    In all honesty we have been Crap since the Plumber moved out, with the exception of Munto's borrowed & stolen money.
    We were crap when the plumber was here at times.Colin Murphy remember him.Yeah he got us to PO final but jesus wept we were sheite after that under Murphy.Gates were plummeting

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    want to stay in non league hell for a while, then?
    cox does not get them playing pretty football, but he does get them at least fighting and trying to win.
    you wouldnt want him in the league, i agree, but in the bananarama conference he can, with a half decent budget, (which for the first season you would have) get you promoted.
    or you could do a cheaterfield and employ club "legends" like jack lester, or even go for mad dog allen, and hover around the trapdoor to another relegation.
    Do you actually know what a half decent budget is in that league? You might be surprised and oh yes Salford have that and a team and manager that tries to play football. Don't think going out of the league will help us, it won't. Cox is hoof ball to the bone but won't it be fun calling for his head, most entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    You mean the £1m apartment down by the racecourse is no longer a home for our managers?
    I thought that was Sven's home, as in owned by Sven, not Notts.

Hahaha what a bizarre club we support! Just ten years ago Sven Goren Erikson was our DoF. Mental.

We have to keep Ardley for one good reason he sounds like Martin Allen when being interviewed, and we should have never have sacked him back in the day,... I know it was Ardley going to happen was it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213