+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley out!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Why feel sorry for him? He wanted the job. Like so many before him, he came here thinking this was some kind of opportunity, like things were just going to magically click into place and we'd push on. At the time I felt like yelling 'nooooo, you have no idea what you are talking about!' This club will swallow him whole, like it did with so many before.
    There are many factors that have led us to this position, going back several years, but I do think Kevin Nolan is highly culpable for taking us into this season with a squad which self-evidently was woefully prepared, at the very least in terms of fitness and game plan, but also in terms of ability and depth in some parts of the pitch. I don't know whether his initial success at Notts led him to over-estimate his abilities or whether the other rumoured factors off the pitch meant he lost focus and maybe even respect from the players, but without doubt, poor preparation has led to poor performance and Neal Ardley cannot go back and undo that. He can only work with what he's got and do everything within his power to make sure that the summer of pre-season of season 2019/20 is conducted in a far more professional way than 2018/19.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    I think we have been betrayed. Betrayed by a long line of inept managers, owners and now players. We've all paid for this; in cash and time. What a way to treat loyal supporters. I've only done twenty years as an attendee, much less than many of you. Followed Notts for many more years than that though. However up until now I've really enjoyed supporting Notts. It's a social event, I've made many good friends and had some terrific days out. Highs and lows. I am devastated and very angry. It won't help the situation but I'm going to write to the current clot of an owner and tell him just that and ask him to read my letter to the shambles that is the first team. He won't reply, he won't do as I request but man will I feel better for it.
    I feel the same. Utterly let down by the people in charge of my/our club. Being a Notts fan, I'm used to disappointment, but I never imagined we'd experience it on this level. As you say, this club means so much to people's lives. I first went the Lane with my Dad, back in the early 90s. I remember standing on the railings in the terrace to get a view of the pitch. I've followed Notts ever since, and beyond my close relationships, it probably means more to me than anything else. We've all put so much time and money into the club over the years, but worse than that is the emotional investment. I can live with the thousands of pounds I've spent, or the countless weekends I've spent, but the emotional investment is what makes it so hard. I feel like I'm left with two awful choices now: stop caring, or continue to care and be heartbroken by what's happening. I wish the players understood that.

We’ve obviously gone through too many managers but Ardley isn’t helping himself. The team yesterday I think had one enforced change with Vaughan coming in for Dennis. The likes of Stead stayed in. Ridiculous. His subs were too late as well.

The talk of clear outs is true enough, but it would be nice to go into non league with some faith in the manager.

I feel the same. Utterly let down by the people in charge of my/our club. Being a Notts fan, I'm used to disappointment, but I never imagined we'd experience it on this level. As you say, this club means so much to people's lives. I first went the Lane with my Dad, back in the early 90s. I remember standing on the railings in the terrace to get a view of the pitch. I've followed Notts ever since, and beyond my close relationships, it probably means more to me than anything else. We've all put so much time and money into the club over the years, but worse than that is the emotional investment. I can live with the thousands of pounds I've spent, or the countless weekends I've spent, but the emotional investment is what makes it so hard. I feel like I'm left with two awful choices now: stop caring, or continue to care and be heartbroken by what's happening. I wish the players understood that.
    Completely sums up my feelings. What I find sad is all of those who have helped contribute to the clubs survival in the past both financially and on the field and no matter how up against it or against all odds we’ve been we have always managed to just do enough to stay in the football league and that’s been a lasting legacy. The list of names are endless both those on and off the pitch and many who are also sadly no longer with us whom have done their bit.

This is what baffles me about the mindset of the current squad of players. Losing football matches has become a habit. If only someone had a spark of something in a game that could change it and give us some hope of doing a great escape but at the moment it does not seem salvageable with each passing week and defeat caused by the same basic errors that have gone before.

Why feel sorry for him? He wanted the job. Like so many before him, he came here thinking this was some kind of opportunity, like things were just going to magically click into place and we'd push on. At the time I felt like yelling 'nooooo, you have no idea what you are talking about!' This club will swallow him whole, like it did with so many before.
    I fear you may be correct. I was clutching at straws. They are all I have left.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    We're going down, we almost need to accept that and decide if we think Ardley will get us back up. If not we should put someone in place who we think can.
    Personally I would sack him, he sounds a beaten man. Utterly mental I know but I just don't believe he will get us out the National League and feel pretty certain he will take us down,( not blaming it all on him).
    Sacking is the easy part though we need a manager with experience of the National League and who has taken a club up.
    There are three currently out of work candidates who fit the bill.
    Paul Hurst
    Darrell Clarke
    Martin Allen

I'd take all three over Ardley right now.
    to be fair, what you need is someone like Paul Cox.
    he works on a shoestring, and gets results, AND he has a county connection, and experience of non league hell and promotion out of it.

I know i sound like a broken record(since July), but while ever Ardley keeps picking that waster Vaughan we ain't gonna win, i was at the game yesterday and he did absolutely naff all, ok the others were crap, but at least they tried, Pierce Bird was MOM by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    I know i sound like a broken record(since July), but while ever Ardley keeps picking that waster Vaughan we ain't gonna win, i was at the game yesterday and he did absolutely naff all, ok the others were crap, but at least they tried, Pierce Bird was MOM by a country mile.
    Correct Vaughan is finished and yesterday Ardley played 3 players 30+ in his midfield three with no energy.

Imo Ardley is not right for this club and I think he knows it you only have to listen to him after each defeat he most certainly isn’t a leader but he will keep taking his wages every week and wait for the sack as it won’t be long now.

Players like Crawford / Osbourne need to be given a proper chance not one game here and there how many chances has Milsom and Vaughan had to show they are useless a sign of a good manager is to weed them out within a month if they are not performing this tool keeps playing the same players then moaning to Slater/Stallard about them.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Correct Vaughan is finished and yesterday Ardley played 3 players 30+ in his midfield three with no energy.

Imo Ardley is not right for this club and I think he knows it you only have to listen to him after each defeat he most certainly isn’t a leader but he will keep taking his wages every week and wait for the sack as it won’t be long now.

Players like Crawford / Osbourne need to be given a proper chance not one game here and there how many chances has Milsom and Vaughan had to show they are useless a sign of a good manager is to weed them out within a month if they are not performing this tool keeps playing the same players then moaning to Slater/Stallard about them.
    Are 30+ players finished these days?
    I would still play Hughsie 😏

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Are 30+ players finished these days?
    I would still play Hughsie 😏
    No but playing players without energy in the middle of the pitch is going to lead to teams cutting through you especially late in the game.

The main reason is Milsom and Vaughan aren’t good enough.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast