+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley out!

I wouldn’t mind him going now. While it is true that we get through too many managers, we need to stay up at all costs. I’d give Martin Allen the job tomorrow. Poor football, and bad spell at Chesterfield granted, he’s the kind of man who can shake things up and not be a ‘yes’ man.

Further into the future our chairman needs to consider whether football is for him and decide whether to stay or go. I think stability at a club starts with the person or people at the top being stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    I wouldn’t mind him going now. While it is true that we get through too many managers, we need to stay up at all costs. I’d give Martin Allen the job tomorrow. Poor football, and bad spell at Chesterfield granted, he’s the kind of man who can shake things up and not be a ‘yes’ man.

Further into the future our chairman needs to consider whether football is for him and decide whether to stay or go. I think stability at a club starts with the person or people at the top being stable.
    In some ways I agree, Ardley has done nothing since he came in. You could argue that he's made us worse and I'd love to see MadDog back at Notts. One of my favourite managers and the right man for a crisis, or possibly creating one. But as others would argue, 'Where has changing managers got us', exactly where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    In some ways I agree, Ardley has done nothing since he came in. You could argue that he's made us worse and I'd love to see MadDog back at Notts. One of my favourite managers and the right man for a crisis, or possibly creating one. But as others would argue, 'Where has changing managers got us', exactly where we are.
    Precisely but rather like Derry Mad Dog was removed by the last regime who it has to be said were not exactly Saints or Blameless for the state the club was in when Alan purchased it. Sheridan & his fore runners did not become bad managers overnight. What was going on in the four walls had much to do with their demise at our Great Old Club. I am sure what happened from the turn of the Century has finally come home to roost, wrong decisions were made after we won promotion to League One on Munto's No Money & its been a steady decline ever since.

Jose Mourinho is available. Maybe he’d like a real challenge!

The alarming thing about the game today was the fact it took Ardley 75 minutes to make any change today, then his changes were completely baffling... In the last 10 minutes of the game I fully expected us to go hammer and thongs for a goal and yet again it was Yeovil who dominated and put it to bed with ease... Our last attempt was in the 68th minute!... Just about sums up this bunch of overpaid waisters

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    The alarming thing about the game today was the fact it took Ardley 75 minutes to make any change today, then his changes were completely baffling... In the last 10 minutes of the game I fully expected us to go hammer and thongs for a goal and yet again it was Yeovil who dominated and put it to bed with ease... Our last attempt was in the 68th minute!... Just about sums up this bunch of overpaid waisters

Hammer and thongs....we can see where your mind is going

I wonder if Ardley's going to give up. He sounds so dispirited on the radio. Mind you he ought to try paying to watch the useless clots. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away. And yes Hardy needs to decide if football club chairmanship is really for him. He's hardly taken to it like a duck to water. Goodnight everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Hammer and thongs....we can see where your mind is going
    Trying to seduce the opposition into conceding........would be worth a try I suppose, we are getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesy_Forever View Post
    We've been absolutely cr@p ever since he came in!
    This repeated changing of Manager has got to stop. We can’t have four managers and a caretaker in one season it is just embarrassing and a joke. Neal Ardley has six years experience in league two and one and has a promotion on his CV. He is a good manager.

I said on the match thread that Notts don’t learn making the same basic mistakes week in and week out and it’s a different player each time. The manager has even got them practicing on the training ground where errors are being made in an attempt to rectify. But they go over the line and today for example within ten minutes all the work done is undone. If the club were to sack Ardley then they'd be replicating what the players are doing on the field making the same mistake over and over again.

I’ll say it again we have had 214 players, 12 managers and 2 Chairman this decade which I believe is the sole reason we are now where we are. Constant upheaval, change and a vast turnaround of players, coaches and managers. We’ve become a club with no soul, identify or philosophy, instead being one that has the equivalent of a normal business built on temporary staff and agency workers that never stay for long.

I just don’t know when people will realise or the penny will drop that it’s not the managers that are always the problem but those that cross the white line. Yes people can criticise the managers tactics, substitutes or lack of, gameplay etc but ultimately that might just give the edge or help them. It’s down to each individual player to follow instructions to the best of their ability and with 100% commitment throughout the entire game.

Pep Guardiola or Jugen Klopp would struggle to get this team to win football matches. I really do believe that. They wouldn’t be able to legislate for us being second best to headers in our own box, missing sitters, penalties and delivering poor set pieces or bad passes. I could go on.

The reality is that this 30 something man squad is very poor and not good enough which is why we are bottom of the football league and deserve to be.

People might bemoan about certain players being on the pitch and other players not being used by managers. For me it speaks volumes as to how much dross we have if out of all those players many can’t get into this team. So using them would not be the answer. Wasn’t there rumours Kewell told six of them they would never play while he was manager? Those at the club (possibly including the owner) probably did not like the fact he told it how it was, was straight talking and gave a few home truths. He has been proven right.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 19-01-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Ardley is impressive in media interviews and appears a thoroughly likable bloke, but he has not improved the team one iota. There was talk about getting them fitter, but that hasn’t happened. The midfield today had an average age of 33 - how on earth is that a good idea? Of course they faded in the last 20 minutes (when the changes seemed to hand the initiative back to an incredibly poor Yeovil, whose fans were booing their team and calling for their manager to be sacked even though they were winning 1-0). Then throw in a 35-year-old centre forward being played as a target man when we have all known for 3 years that this isn’t his game.

The big question is why Cambridge and Macclesfield have enjoyed an uptick in form after changing managers, given that they have more or less the same set of players, and we haven’t. I can only conclude that something must be seriously rotten at the heart of the club. A question for the director of football perhaps. Oh, hang on...

Unless we bring in a goal machine, bruiser centre half and dynamic midfielder, I fear we will finish at least 10 points adrift at the bottom this season. We have two weeks to give ourselves even a chance of making a fist of it, because at the moment we’re surrendering our league status with a whimper.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast