+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardley out!

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Trying to seduce the opposition into conceding........would be worth a try I suppose, we are getting desperate.
    Hammer, thongs and suspenders then Tony. Will look nice with votre gilets jaunes. Let's hope Ardley walks, he's been massively ineffective. We were 1pt of the relegation places when he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hammer, thongs and suspenders then Tony. Will look nice with votre gilets jaunes. Let's hope Ardley walks, he's been massively ineffective. We were 1pt of the relegation places when he arrived.
    Can't help but feel sorry for Ardley Gumpy. He's taken on a poisoned chalice. No guarantees that any incoming could change what's happening. A bit late in the day to switch again. Just got to hope he can somehow, against all the odds, get things to click somehow. Maybe if he manages to get a couple of signings it will change the team dynamic and kickstart a revival of some description.

Can't help but feel sorry for Ardley Gumpy. He's taken on a poisoned chalice. No guarantees that any incoming could change what's happening. A bit late in the day to switch again. Just got to hope he can somehow, against all the odds, get things to click somehow. Maybe if he manages to get a couple of signings it will change the team dynamic and kickstart a revival of some description.

Nurse......../.

We are clearly getting worse by the week, and that stat about being 1 point from safety when Ardley arrived is damning.

In the last five games, we have scored in only one of them (and despite leading 3-1, we still couldn’t win that one). Today was the second game in a row where we only had 1 shot on target, the second game in a row where we conceded from a corner, and the second game in a row where a close rival did the double over us.

Struggling to see how it can get any worse, but I’m sure we’ll find a way.

Ardleys record this season is shocking.Bigal was in one of his fantasys again when appointing him.The bloke is unreal,we controlled 90% ofthe game.Didn't know you got points for that
    Last edited by irishpete; 19-01-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Hardy (and most supporters) sacked Kewell for the unforgivable sin of calling us Nottingham County.... shocking.

.... and now the abyss becons

Trying to seduce the opposition into conceding........would be worth a try I suppose, we are getting desperate.
    Yep, as far as using the element of surprise to confuse the opposition goes, I can't think of a better plan.

Some day we’ve actually got to give a manager sufficient time to do the job his way, even if it means failure in the short term. Ardley hasn’t had a good start, but neither did Sam Allardyce and he eventually achieved success for us after Pavis stood by him following relegation in 1997.

Is Ardley worthy of similar support from Hardy (and from the fans)? His past record suggests that he is a good manager so I reckon he’s as good a bet as anyone we could realistically get to build for success in the next few years. The alternative is to thrash around looking for a magician who can inspire a poor squad to suddenly turn it round and achieve safety this season - and I don’t think that person exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Some day we’ve actually got to give a manager sufficient time to do the job his way, even if it means failure in the short term. Ardley hasn’t had a good start, but neither did Sam Allardyce and he eventually achieved success for us after Pavis stood by him following relegation in 1997.

Is Ardley worthy of similar support from Hardy (and from the fans)? His past record suggests that he is a good manager so I reckon he’s as good a bet as anyone we could realistically get to build for success in the next few years. The alternative is to thrash around looking for a magician who can inspire a poor squad to suddenly turn it round and achieve safety this season - and I don’t think that person exists.
    Agreed, but dropping out of the league is worse than relegation into L2

You can be tough on ardley, but changing the manager just isn’t the answer.

We need new players in and a lot of them. If for no other reason than to ensure most of this shower don’t ever get to out on the shirt.

We need to start building for next season, starting by ejecting all the rubbish which hit us here, now.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast