+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Never Offside

Never Offside

We was Robbed.. Where's VAR when you need it ..

I thought the same alf. Good performance by the lads today though with both keepers playing well.

Thought we bossed the game Ashy.. In fact we should have won it.. Two points dropped for me,but I ould have accepted a draw against a club who were seventh in the league before the game started .. Just need a Citeh and Spurs to win now..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I thought the same alf. Good performance by the lads today though with both keepers playing well.
    Alf, you and sub spot on. I have to say the whole defence was immense. Again Bardsley bossing Hendrick has been the best move of the season. We are back to being hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Alf, you and sub spot on. I have to say the whole defence was immense. Again Bardsley bossing Hendrick has been the best move of the season. We are back to being hard to beat.
    Yet still our fans moan. We have now picked up 10 points from 4 games and this year we are unbeaten in 4 matches, which includes the cup game. Since the Everton game on Boxing Day we have won 4 and drawn 1 and scored 7 goals whilst conceding just 2.
    We have gone back to doing what we do and we have had the rewards --we even had more shots than Watford today!!
    We just have to keep going and have belief in what we are doing because out confidence was at rock bottom but is now building again.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  23.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  23.5 KB
    What I would like to know is what action is taken against linesmen that make obvious errors??? This linesman should be suspended for a little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    What I would like to know is what action is taken against linesmen that make obvious errors??? This linesman should be suspended for a little time!!
    It was not an obvious error in real time, it was a very marginal decision which went against us. In real time as the ball rebounded from the keeper he looked well offside, however, the AR possible didn't see the exact moment that McNeil struck his shot because there is a Watford player in his line of vision and he has more than likely thought that Wood must have been offside. I have yet to see a replay, however, I can understand how he reached his decision because McNeil's shot was very well struck. It would have been very marginal even with VAR and no guarantee that it would have gone in our favour.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)