+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

Brentford Post Match Thoughts

Obviously we can't keep relying on other results going our way, one day we have to make our results go our way and pretty soon.

Any positive thoughts after today?

Very few positive thoughts sadly. They had more class than us and they took their goals well. As I said on match thread too many players not good enough for this league but Warney keeps playing Vyner and Forde on right side, both too weak. Injury problems don’t help with Williams, Newell both out. Good to see Vassell come on and hopefully Crook will come good. Trying to stay positive!

Massive gulf in quality, despite their league position it was an easy win 2-4 flattered us really, if they had gone all out this could have 2-6.

We defended deep allowing to pass and walk along our 18 yard box, thought we were overly negative at times but I guess Warney was obviously terrified our their passing game.

Saw some promising plays by crooks when he came on that’s the positive

Ford and vyner will send us down they are so bad

35% possession in a home game
    13 shots, 4 on target

If this was Stubbs or Redfern fans would want the manager out

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    If this was Stubbs or Redfern fans would want the manager out
    Douglas out lol

Gave them far too much respect, was attack v defence for most of the game.
    The players must feel we have lost before we start, can we please be a bit more positive from now on.
    We looked a poor team today, only positive were Wiles, Robertson and Forde.

A truly dismal performance.

I honestly can't remember our team producing a sequence of passes in the whole game.

Warne has become like other stubborn managers. Every one in the ground knows Vyner is not good enough. Warne tries to prove he is his own man by playing Vyner even though it is hurting the team.

Warne might have something to say about the harsh treatment of Vyner from the fans, which wasn't nice to see, but Warne is responsible for letting that situation develop. Vyner should have been dropped weeks ago.

Vaulks was dreadful. I have backed him at times this season, even though I think he is the most over rated player to wear a Millers shirt.He might also be the most one footed player I have ever seen.

He is either a selfish player or not very intelligent. I am sure Warne must tell him every week " Will, you don't always have to play a Glenn Hoddle pass.....sometimes just keep it simple". Either he can't understand this or he has a massive ego and wants everything he does on the pitch to be special. Brentford's 4th goal was purely down to Vaulks attempting the spectacular ball. What makes it worse is his stylised 'look how gutted I am that we lost' posture on the half way line at the final whistle, so all the fans can see just how much he hurts. Sorry I don't buy it anymore. If you really care about our team, grow up and stop playing the Hollywood passes.

Also the shambles about the shape and formation after Vyner was taken off??? Amateurish. No one knew what was happening. It was embarrassing.

I think today was the day when we all realised that motivational speeches and pseudo-psychology can only get you so far. We need a plan and some tactical nouse and for the chairman to back Warnie in the transfer window.

We were so close to staying up. A few months ago we had momentum.We should have prepared to hit the transfer window on the first day with two quality signings. For the first time I am livid with Tony Stewart and question his desire to keep us in this division.

I am gutted to say the least.

I also have a prediction to make: Warne will walk before the season's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    The players must feel we have lost before we start.
    That message should also go to the fans. It was flat from the start today, there wasn’t even a cheer when the players ran out for the kick off, just a polite applause! I’ve nrver seen that before in any match I’ve been too...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast