+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

I felt that however many goals we had scored, they would get one more. Failing to keep clean sheets and missing the few chances we get is killing us.
    We got a free-kicks in a shooting position straight after half-time, but chose to dink it into the keepers arms. Poor choices like that put us under pressure.
    I haven't quite given up hope of stopping up, but it's going to be a long second half of the season.
    ,,On a lighter note, that's the first time I've seen an all brown strip, since the Coventry one in the 70's. No thanks.

To be sat there and witness that today,well it was embarrassing to say the least,we were miles away from them,and even when we equalised twice,i just couldn't get excited,i just knew they would over run us,i don't know what PW is going to do,from here on in,i just can't see whoever he brings in will make any difference to us,we looked that poor,for the first time this season,i am doubtful we can survive the drop,as TS learned any lessons from our last season in the Championship,for me its a definite no,PW man management is not going to save us imo,we need more.
    Last edited by dmentor; 19-01-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Basically it was a team of hod carriers against a team of slick, nippy intelligent players who are all comfortable on the ball and capable of quick one touch passing. Brentford were a joy to watch. We were painfully dreadful to watch, we won't win another game this season playing this system of no matter who gets the ball, boot it in the air to Smith. It's horrible to watch and getting us nowhere. If you're going to hoof it to the lone man up front at this level then you need to give him options in a flash so he can at least do something with the ball.
    I could walk to town, have a pint and walk back again in the time it takes our midfield to give Smith an option.

There were some positives, we did manage a spell of decent attacking play in the first half. Taylor took his goal well. That's about it.

We gave their midfielders far too much time to pick their passes today. It was obvious eventually they would find a dangerous pass through. We had 5 in midfield. These players shoud be at least harrasing the opps midfielders so they dont have time to pick a pass even if we are not skilful enough to win the ball but no we just stand off em.

We don't really have five in midfield. We have three with two wingers. Other teams have 4/5 quality midfielders plus overlapping full backs.
    When that happens we get swamped.
    Brentford's style is one of the worst for us to play against. Way too much quality in the middle, great passing, retaining possession and pulling us out of position. The gaps eventually open and they always find a man who inevitably finishes it with goal.
    It's a simple game if you can afford to pay players large salaries who can play the game with ease.
    The biggest surprise was that Brentford hadn't won away before....way better than a lot of sides I've seen

The away form has transfered to home and the confidence seems to have gone.

Long ball doesn't work in the Championship anymore as the division has improved too much.

Crooks looked decent when he came on though, the one plus point.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    ,,On a lighter note, that's the first time I've seen an all brown strip, since the Coventry one in the 70's. No thanks.
    It was brown and orange, Chocolate Orange versus our Refreshers one, still think the Refreshers one is worse.

No way is Crooks championship quality.

Looked like a fish out of water.

One positive (sort of), we don't have to worry about losing any of our players in the transfer window.

There aren't many championship players this team.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    No way is Crooks championship quality.

Looked like a fish out of water.
    Totally agree, but it’s his first game

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast