+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brentford Post Match Thoughts

Yep VYner and Ajayi asleep for their first goal yet again. We have to get a good right back in or we are doomed. Towell an headless chicken. Thought best players were Forde-first half with some good crosses, Robertson, Mattock, Smithy and the new lad looked useful when he came on. Also our Goalie stopped it being a cricket score. We missed Williams today lets hope he aint out long.Feel sprry for Smith, he very rarejy gives the ball away but when he gets the ball rhere is no one to pass it to.

Also missed chances again by us. 2 sitters by Ajayi. Ok he aint a forward but I could have put those 2 away.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    A truly dismal performance.

I honestly can't remember our team producing a sequence of passes in the whole game.

Warne has become like other stubborn managers. Every one in the ground knows Vyner is not good enough. Warne tries to prove he is his own man by playing Vyner even though it is hurting the team.

Warne might have something to say about the harsh treatment of Vyner from the fans, which wasn't nice to see, but Warne is responsible for letting that situation develop. Vyner should have been dropped weeks ago.

Vaulks was dreadful. I have backed him at times this season, even though I think he is the most over rated player to wear a Millers shirt.He might also be the most one footed player I have ever seen.

He is either a selfish player or not very intelligent. I am sure Warne must tell him every week " Will, you don't always have to play a Glenn Hoddle pass.....sometimes just keep it simple". Either he can't understand this or he has a massive ego and wants everything he does on the pitch to be special. Brentford's 4th goal was purely down to Vaulks attempting the spectacular ball. What makes it worse is his stylised 'look how gutted I am that we lost' posture on the half way line at the final whistle, so all the fans can see just how much he hurts. Sorry I don't buy it anymore. If you really care about our team, grow up and stop playing the Hollywood passes.

Also the shambles about the shape and formation after Vyner was taken off??? Amateurish. No one knew what was happening. It was embarrassing.

I think today was the day when we all realised that motivational speeches and pseudo-psychology can only get you so far. We need a plan and some tactical nouse and for the chairman to back Warnie in the transfer window.

We were so close to staying up. A few months ago we had momentum.We should have prepared to hit the transfer window on the first day with two quality signings. For the first time I am livid with Tony Stewart and question his desire to keep us in this division.

I am gutted to say the least.

I also have a prediction to make: Warne will walk before the season's out.
    Disagree on Vaulks, he’s one of two, possibly three players who can hold their own at this level.

If Vaulks was as good as he thinks he is ....we would have a good player.

Sadly, his ability and his self evaluation are oceans apart.

Getting ****ing boring now, yes Brentford were excellent at side of us (like I said before they still won’t go up) but we can play better than that and we (fans) know it.

Can say what you want but management just can’t see what the hell is wrong to sort it out OR they can but are not confident in doing something different.

Talk about an open book

Just what do they look at when watching games back?

Brentford didn’t come to sit back, they came to win and win they did. Do we ever try that? NO

Btw, spot on botn

I’ve nothing else to say (dummy’s out)

We are probably the worst team to watch on the eye in the entire football league it's embarrassing! All we do is constant hoof to 1 player all game, we don't even mix it up with floor passing it's that predictable. I've never been so bored of watching this style of play under any other manager before it's that bad.

Sadly, one of the attributes our manager shares with the prime minister is no plan B

Our squad is just not good enough to play in the Championship. Simple as. Can't fault the effort generally, but who there is a Championship quality player? Warney before the match was keen to stress that we only finished 4th, many points behind Wigan. Seems the club is already resigned to relegation, but hoping there are 3 worse teams than us.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Getting ****ing boring now, yes Brentford were excellent at side of us (like I said before they still won’t go up) but we can play better than that and we (fans) know it.

Can say what you want but management just can’t see what the hell is wrong to sort it out OR they can but are not confident in doing something different.

Talk about an open book

Just what do they look at when watching games back?

Brentford didn’t come to sit back, they came to win and win they did. Do we ever try that? NO

Btw, spot on botn

I’ve nothing else to say (dummy’s out)
    We always struggle against sides who retain possession well, we got lucky against Swansea who should have won comfortably. It wouldnt have mattered who played in what position or what tactics we played, the only issue was the manner of the defeat they were far too good for us.

I’d like to see us go down fighting if we lose, we made this easier than it should have been for Brentford Warney was terrified of them....listen to his pre- match interview it reveals he’s in awe of them and doesn’t think we can compete with them, and he’s right!

Poor team set up from the start. Too deep, too defensive, no creativity. Bad tactics, I'm afraid the manager is to blame today and there are doubts about his ability with several people calling for his head. It won't happen of course but he doesn't seem to be learning. At Brentford they carved us up down the right and have done the same thing today. We aren't good enough to sit back and let teams come on to us, we get pulled apart like this match. We need to be more positive people are fed up with playing one up front specially as Smith has no support. 2 minutes to go 2 goals down, 2 late.
    When his he going to stop playing Vyner at full back the lads out of position and not good enough, it's costing us every week.
    What's happened to Towell this season, I forgot he was playing today. We someone to put a foot on the ball and steady things, Vauxs just keeps kicking it hard anywhere.other than to another Miller.
    Smith looked a bit of it today but I suppose he's getting a bit fed up and lonely.
    Only pluses were Wiles further development and Crooks looks like he could add something.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    Poor team set up from the start. Too deep, too defensive, no creativity. Bad tactics, I'm afraid the manager is to blame today and there are doubts about his ability with several people calling for his head. It won't happen of course but he doesn't seem to be learning. At Brentford they carved us up down the right and have done the same thing today. We aren't good enough to sit back and let teams come on to us, we get pulled apart like this match. We need to be more positive people are fed up with playing one up front specially as Smith has no support. 2 minutes to go 2 goals down, 2 late.
    When his he going to stop playing Vyner at full back the lads out of position and not good enough, it's costing us every week.
    What's happened to Towell this season, I forgot he was playing today. We someone to put a foot on the ball and steady things, Vauxs just keeps kicking it hard anywhere.other than to another Miller.
    Smith looked a bit of it today but I suppose he's getting a bit fed up and lonely.
    Only pluses were Wiles further development and Crooks looks like he could add something.
    It’s hard to take Jake, but what would you have done? They have better quality players in every position, they can pass better, better vision, hold the ball better, take up better positions, have a better shape, make more intelligent runs.......our players can’t live with this.

Warney is powerless, he can only change the tactics and formations, IMO we could and should have lost by a bigger margin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast