+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any point signing new players?

Any point signing new players?

It looks like most people have accepted our relegation and I just wonder if there's any point in signing anyone else (if they'd come). Should just play the youngsters to give them the experience (and cut costs) that they're going to need next season when we'll have very limited options given that we should look to ship out most of those out of contact at the end of the worst season in the club's history.

Yes, we needed a striker before the window opened, we still do. Even if we accept we're going down and I'm not quite there yet we need a mobile target man and will do next season, so yes sign an effing striker.

Quite. Who would want to come here? Word gets around in football. Players will know what's going on here and it will be difficult to persuade anyone who might affect things to come here - huge challenge ahead, massive.

We are effectively 8 points adrift given our gd - and we have Morecambe at home in March too, (as well as Slags & Lincoln coming up). The margin might even be unassailable by then tbh.

We're still fighting for survival with 17 games left and in need of signings to spark the battle. Get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    We're still fighting for survival with 17 games left.
    Fighting? I don't think we are, that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Fighting? I don't think we are, that's the problem.
    Agreed player-wise, but as a club, which includes US I hope we are.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Agreed player-wise, but as a club, which includes US I hope we are.
    Our belief and empty triumphalism and defiance will not gain us any points. It is only those players who walk out on to the pitch who can get us points regardless of manager, chairman or indeed supporters.

Any point signing new players?

No. Need to start preparing for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    Our belief and empty triumphalism and defiance will not gain us any points. It is only those players who walk out on to the pitch who can get us points regardless of manager, chairman or indeed supporters.

In that case we are down...

While it's still mathematically possible, I spose I can see the reasons behind it but as Pies4 sez, who would come here? Looking at our upcoming fixtures, we're as good as down IMHAHO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast