+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game

Game

Under cosh a bit and out played 1st half.

Against run of play equaliser helped us have a better 2nd half.

Positives, 1 very good debut, 1 decent debut and 2 ok ones, we never chucked it.

Negatives....innes gives me the fear, deacon shud now be finished as a DFC player, we still create little and em no really seeing much influence coming from McIntyre.

Have to sign a cb or we will go down.

Can't see us winning replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Positives, 1 very good debut, 1 decent debut and 2 ok ones, we never chucked it.

Negatives....innes gives me the fear, deacon shud now be finished as a DFC player, we still create little and em no really seeing much influence coming from McIntyre.

Dieng looks good and Nelson looks up for it. We need a new right back, centre half and midfield engine room (two minimum) urgently or we'll be relegated. We won't get them all I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Dieng looks good and Nelson looks up for it. We need a new right back, centre half and midfield engine room (two minimum) urgently or we'll be relegated. We won't get them all I'm afraid.
    Build up play in 1st half was pedestrian, qos a yard quicker in foot and thought.

Debbie Curran was our best player 1st half just by running a boot, thought his persistence made our goal.

Keeper had a terrific 2nd half.

Dale....jury out

Nelson...looks to have something about him.

Kerr....roasted

Kesunga....Can't be easy playing with innis.

Innis....More chance of playing for Buckingham than crystal.

Mcgowan/woods....poor

Curran....daydreamer...decent finish.

Miller....tried hard but cuts a frustrated figure.

Deacon...see ya

Thought Innis was involved in a lot of the play and he made a few errors that were not punished. Hope he gets more game time and I think he'll cut out the errors. Kusunga also makes you worry about what he is going to do. We should be holding the ball much further up the pitch IMO. It gets depressing when you see our players being put under pressure in their own half and we just back off all the time. JM needs to sort this out big time. Must defend higher up the pitch, which we did a bit better in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thought Innis was involved in a lot of the play and he made a few errors that were not punished. Hope he gets more game time and I think he'll cut out the errors. Kusunga also makes you worry about what he is going to do. We should be holding the ball much further up the pitch IMO. It gets depressing when you see our players being put under pressure in their own half and we just back off all the time. JM needs to sort this out big time. Must defend higher up the pitch, which we did a bit better in the second half.
    Qos were happy to leave innis on it, seldom pressed him.

When he allowed the qos defender to block him near the end at our free kick it summed it up, sheer lack of desire.

I hope hearts didn't have anybody watching the game but I'm kidding myself on. Gaps between full backs and centre backs was scary 1st half.

I actually had a flashback to Portugal 1993 when Paulo futro and co were happy to let Dave McPherson have the ball.

Amazing the ****e that comes into your head sitting at Dens.

How can we expect a solid defence when we can't play the same players regularly? Think we have to stick with Innis and hope he is just rusty from lack of competitive games. Isn't the way we defend the manager's responsibility. For a while we have said that Kerr needs someone in front of him who is good defensively. It's still a problem that has not been solved, same with lack of midfield forward passes to link with the forwards. Can't believe that Hibs for example have got Allen and Gauld. Surely they aren't going to play together for Hibs. We need a brain in midfield who can take the responsibility for forward passes.

How can we expect a solid defence when we can't play the same players regularly? Think we have to stick with Innis and hope he is just rusty from lack of competitive games. Isn't the way we defend the manager's responsibility. For a while we have said that Kerr needs someone in front of him who is good defensively. It's still a problem that has not been solved, same with lack of midfield forward passes to link with the forwards. Can't believe that Hibs for example have got Allen and Gauld. Surely they aren't going to play together for Hibs. We need a brain in midfield who can take the responsibility for forward passes.
    The way Kerr played today he needs somebody behind him too...got absolutely roasted...just kept diving in

Can't believe you'd stick with innis.

I genuinely can't.

I thought he was awful.

A block early doors his best contribution.

Same back pair v hearts and it's peek thru the fingers time.

The manager is already on shakey ground but we can't keep punting managers, my only hope is innis won't be near the team if other 3 cb are fit and hopefully get another one in.

The only way we are gonna survive is playing it forward quicker, having fighters in the team and keeping the ball out our net especially against Mwell, accies and st m......innis fits none of those categories.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    The way Kerr played today he needs somebody behind him too...got absolutely roasted...just kept diving in
    He was losing the rag in the 1st half, had a boot at the winger which he got away we cause he missed.

He's got to show a bit more composure, unlucky with a wee double shuffle on the edge of their box but showed little apart from that going forward and his defending was decidedly average.

Can't believe you'd stick with innis.

I genuinely can't.

I thought he was awful.

A block early doors his best contribution.

Same back pair v hearts and it's peek thru the fingers time.

The manager is already on shakey ground but we can't keep punting managers, my only hope is innis won't be near the team if other 3 cb are fit and hopefully get another one in.

The only way we are gonna survive is playing it forward quicker, having fighters in the team and keeping the ball out our net especially against Mwell, accies and st m......innis fits none of those categories.
    I know, just thought he needs more games and he will be an asset. There's no doubt that I'm out on a limb with my opinion. We had a settled defence, Kerr was part of it, we need to get him back paying attention to defending. Agree the manager is going to have to get some results, but I would have said that we were set to lose today. We didn't and some of that was down to hard work and a bit of luck. It always feels to me that Dee's don't deserve good luck, and the prevailing sentiment is disappointment that we failed to win, a victory which would have been a total shock to many.

Could not agree more about playing to forward quicker. No matter where we won possession we rarely made rapid forward movements. It's ingrained in us to fanny about. CCurran and Miller made loads of runs that were not spotted, Deacon stood out on the left wing the whole of his game time and it was as though he was a statue. He did move in when JCurran moved to his wing but even then he looked clumsy and laboured.Ralph never had a pass to him and it looked to me as though Deacon has given up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)