+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McNeil

McNeil

Looks like we have a good un coming through,played well again today.. Gutted for him when he blasted over the bar from a few yards out..Never mind,he will be a very good player for us and score plenty of goals when he gets a bit more experience and confidence..the whole team looked confident today and nice to Hendrick have another decent game..

I like this McNeil lad Alf, he's your general grafter which Dyche always wants, but he also has a bit of class with trickery, hope Dyche does not drum it out of him.

The lad's hit the big time now and well deserved young man!
    https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...-new-contract/

Yes, Terrific news, re Dwight,...With the option of a further 12 months in Burnleys favour,...Effectively a 5 1/2 year contract Wow.
    Glad our club appreciates him like we do !
    This could be the best news in this January window for us.

Well Done Dwight.

I know it's an understatement bfcjon, but McNeil's emergence really has taken the panic out of panic.

I'll bet Garlick is rubbing his hands with glee!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I know it's an understatement bfcjon, but McNeil's emergence really has taken the panic out of panic.

I'll bet Garlick is rubbing his hands with glee!
    Yes, He seems to have found yet another, Get Out Of Jail card , Does our Mr Garlick.

Just Hope a 50 million offer is not coming our way anytime soon!!.

I did tell you about McNeil last July and this was a follow on to something I said back in March:-

21-07-2018, 08:14 AM #9
    Supersub6
    Supersub6 is online now Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes and a few I haven’t noticed before
    Koiki
    Younger
    Goodridge
    McNeill - but no ONeill(Quote)

Apart from Goodridge, who I think has only recently come to Burnley, the other three have all played for Youth and Development squads during the past couple of years. All three are decent players and could well continue their development with McNeill being one who I particularly like and who came on during injury time in the last game of the season against Bournemouth.
    I hasten to add that I have not made my assessment on that appearance!

The Gawthorpe Black Hole has now had 30 tonnes of Ribble Cement poured down it and I hope we can continue to crank the conveyor belt?

Never mind all this money spent on youth development, all we need is a couple of blokes with binoculars and the Post Codes for Carrington and the Etihad Campus.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Never mind all this money spent on youth development, all we need is a couple of blokes with binoculars and the Post Codes for Carrington and the Etihad Campus.
    I had a conversation with Micky Phelan about six months ago and he said the high level of youth players and the sheer number of them at Old Trafford is a tragedy because only so few of them will make it. I believe it's much the same over at City.

Sadly once again sinkov, I find myself in total agreement with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)