+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The roar when Vyner was subbed.....

Desperate times mean desperate measures Brin. Hopefully Warney will get us a good proper right back very shortly.iF he dunt do owt else this transfer window a right back and a forward are musts.

Shocking booing him whatever People’s thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    As much as Vyner is playing out of position at right back, are we actually playing a proper back 4. The full backs on both sides play narrow, albeit Vyner more so. The full backs are too slow to close down. It doesn't just fall on the players but the management that are setting them up and training them to play this way.

We might as well set up with 3 centre halves, at least then Vyner wouldn't be out of position. Although with all the centre backs fit, would he start
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shame he didn't show that ability today. His passing was non impressive and the shocker for their 4th goal said it all today about Vaulks. Poor game but he will learn form it.
    Sorry Brin, but for me other than vaulks diabolical pass for the 4th goal , I thought Vaulks had a great game. As for Vyner, he might have lost his man for the first goal, but it was a great pull back to edge of box so where were our midfield with scorer?
    2nd goal was so quick and precise passing that the goal was pretty much text book, sometimes a goal conceded has to to be because it is well worked.
    Vyner himself provided a fantastic cross for our 2nd goal but their 3rd is where for me he was totally at fault. He left their winger totally on his own to pretty much pick out who he wanted to score.
    4th goal, Vaulks played a suicide ball, Ajayi wasn't close enough to Maupay and Maupay, who had been in Ajayi's pocket all game , did what good goalscorers do.
    A bad defeat against ,for me, a really good side, but at our level every team is really good, and every game we have to be really good.
    We play way too negative at the moment, especially at home, and the way we play now is nowhere near to the level we were playing at early season. I still think there is something wrong in the squad, and by that I mean have we some sort of virus as we had pre Christmas?
    Leeds up next which doesn't instill confidence for any points , but I KNOW we are better than this. UTM
    Last edited by Ronners; 19-01-2019 at 09:03 PM.

It’s 100% not on to boo any player who has given his all.
    He wasn’t the only player at fault today.
    Some just blame him for everything.

Bristol City fan here. Vyner is a CB, but I don’t think he was ready to compete at CB at City, and most of us thought he’d done well to get a Champ loan, even though he had a really good loan at Lg1 Plymouth...at CB.

I think he is one, that if he really does want to end up at CB at this level, will need to really bulk up / strengthen.

As a RB, has he given you much going forward?

He has put some good crosses in for us Fevs
    Imo he gets left exposed at times.
    I don’t think he should be in the team.
    However in effect he’s playing in a league 1 team in the championship and we’re always up against it. Some of our fans blame him for everything and I don’t think he deserves that.
    What I will say is that he never stops putting the effort in and for that he has my respect.
    It’s a big ask to play out of position against better players every week.
    Last edited by Pocket rocket; 19-01-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Not very often I am ashamed to be a Millers fan, that moment was one of them. A young kid, playing out of position, doing his best in a very tough division. It's not as if the rest are playing brilliantly, a d he's letting them down.
    Of course, folk will say they pay and have a right to protest, that doesn't make it right.
    Agreed. However disappointed we are with a team or individual's performance it does absolutely no good to boo them. Disappointing all round really. No backing from the crowd and the team gave us nothing to cheer. Hope we don't go into the sort of downward spiral that happened the season before last, with apathy on and off the field

I have noticed with aj he gets caught wrong side of his man a lot and it has lead to goals.

I don't know if he has been told it coached but he he seems to be in front of his man (when there side on side)

were I always thought he should be behind his man.

if he doesn't make the ball to cut it out he is out the game and his market has a free run

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    He has put some good crosses in for us Fevs
    Imo he gets left exposed at times.
    I don’t think he should be in the team.
    However in effect he’s playing in a league 1 team in the championship and we’re always up against it. Some of our fans blame him for everything and I don’t think he deserves that.
    What I will say is that he never stops putting the effort in and for that he has my respect.
    It’s a big ask to play out of position against better players every week.
    It seems to be that everyone apart from management know he’s not a RB, the fans should be blaming them not Vyner.

If I was Bristol I’d call him back and send him to a club who will use him at CB and bring the lad up to standard
    Last edited by millertop; 20-01-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It seems to be that everyone apart from management know he’s not a RB, the fans should be blaming them not Vyner.

If I was Bristol I’d call him back and send him to a club who will use him at CB and bring the lad up to standard
    That would be the best for all parties. He's absolutely not a right back, but for some almost perverse reason warne keeps picking him there. You could see in pre season at Mansfield he got turned inside out. AGAINST MANSFIELD FFS. Us not having adequate cover is warne's fault, nobody elses.

Vyner is now toxic at RUFC. Send the poor chuff back home to Bristol. And then sign an out and out right back who isn't made of bolsar wood and gets injured when he farts!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast