+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The roar when Vyner was subbed.....

The roar when Vyner was subbed.....

This lad may have potential somewhere but it is painfully all so obvious, that it isn't with us.

Totally got turned inside out for their first goal after 1 minute. Regularly out of position and being rescued time and again
    by Ajayi didn't help his cause at all today. He did gradually steady himself and hoof a few out of the way but for his sake and ours, he needs to be taken to one side and spoken to at length on how to defend. Who exactly is coaching him?

The roar that went up when he was subbed, by all sides of the ground, said it all. I personally didn't join in with that but, if that didn't tell Warne what the paying fan has being seeing for weeks then nothing will. Should he play Vyner against Leeds next Saturday then Warne's the idiot.

'Should' he bring Billy Jones in, then we may well have to be patient while Jones gets up to full match fitness and slot into the role he regularly plays, ie; Right Back.

It can be a confidence shatterer to any player hearing his home fans cheer him off for the wrong reasons but, he only has himself to blame for his woeful play. He's young and with the right coaching afforded to him, he will probably make the grade somewhere.

He's made a lot of mistakes but he's a center half not a fullback. Bit like when broadfoot played at fullback when he first played for us. Fans slagging their own players off set off ****ers

Out of order I thought. Any potential young loanees who may have been in the ground today getting a feel of our club would’ve thought ‘forget it’

Fans have a way of letting 'managers' know more than it being aimed at a player.

Fair point, but I don’t think the player would see it that way.

I think that there is a problem with the fitness of Jones, who hasn't been risked, even for a for a short run-out, in any reserves games. Given what happened at Brentford in the opening game of the season, Warney should have seen the danger and put Vaulks or one of the usual centre-backs at right back... but he didn't... four goals conceded. High number of crocked players that we have signed is now leaving us with few options for changes at this stage of the season.

Management are 100% to blame putting Vyner in that situation and the sad truth is they can’t see it

Meaning bad management

Vyner distribution is possibly non league level, he played 4 passes to their goal keeper from just outside our box. He did however produce two excellent crosses and four dreadful ones that were Sunday league standard.

Feel for the lad but he’s div 1, if we had Josh at right back ( if we could get him) we would see a marked improvement

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    I think that there is a problem with the fitness of Jones, who hasn't been risked, even for a for a short run-out, in any reserves games. Given what happened at Brentford in the opening game of the season, Warney should have seen the danger and put Vaulks or one of the usual centre-backs at right back... but he didn't... four goals conceded. High number of crocked players that we have signed is now leaving us with few options for changes at this stage of the season.
    The problem lies firmly with Paul Warne.

The way he sets up the team, the way they play and the players he picks. Better full backs than Vyner would struggle in that team. There’s nil support from the midfield in front of Vyner he is often left with the decision of do I go forward to cover the overlapping midfielder or do I stick with the winger and leave myself open to a ball behind?

Let’s face it we are a one trick pony side, we play the same way, we don’t need to be scouted (Leeds next lol) everybody knows how to beat us. Brentford showed how this works by scoring three identical goals. Work the ball into the left hand corner and pull the ball back to the edge if the box. Cue the “late arriving” player that just side foots the ball into the box unopposed by any of our midfielders.

It’s easy.

Add to this how the Warne regime puts emphasis on running and pressing and how our squad pick up jiggly injuries and start to look slow and tired.

We aren’t getting into the box often enough so our chances are getting penalties get much reduced, a goal scoring route we’ve benefitted from. We are supposed to be good at set pieces, but even those have become predictable and often we struggle to beat the first player, delivery is basically poor.

The one trick pony needs to learn a new trick and fast.

Why on earth did we even sign Jones on 6k a week if we NEVER gonna play him, and if he's never 100% fit then we haven't done our homework before we signed did we.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast