+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The roar when Vyner was subbed.....

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    It's wrong to boo young lad off. The issue sits with the management he shouldn't be playing at full back end of chat. It's not the lads fault he's not good enough and as much as I've moaned about him playing at right back I don't blame him personally, yes it's wrong to boo the lad off but perhaps maybe Warne may realise how many fans feel about the selection, surely we can't all be wrong.
    Yes you are.....why would a professional football manager, who has been involved in pro football his whole life, take heed of a minority of butchers, plasterers and art student boo boys when selecting his team?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Yes you are.....why would a professional football manager, who has been involved in pro football his whole life, take heed of a minority of butchers, plasterers and art student boo boys when selecting his team?
    I ain’t no butcher, plasterer or art student and certainly not a football manager. But even I would have signed a right back to play right back that just makes sense. I don’t blame Vyner one bit, infact in a few games he’s looked half decent despite playing out of position. Blame lies with the management I’m afraid for not rectifying the right back slot at the start of the season.

Correct Jake, why your post was picked out is a mystery or maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Maybe you're right and we all know nothing. Maybe I've
    never seen a decent right back before in my nearly 60 years of being a Miller. So what about other experienced football professionals who have played Billy Jones in that position for premiership and championship teams as opposed to a young lad not thought capable enough to play for his own team even in his chosen position. OK the manager be right and everyone else wrong I'm willing to stand by and give him the benefit of doubt, he is still learning as a manager, but the last thing we want is someone who can't or won't admit to errors and not act upon them.

Will Vyner be in the firing line again on Saturday?
    Leeds up next, these games get fans up for it and if we lose then anger (in some) take over and I can see fans turning on each other.

Be best for Vyner to either play CB (cant see that happening) or be taken out this game for the clubs sake imo

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Will Vyner be in the firing line again on Saturday?
    Leeds up next, these games get fans up for it and if we lose then anger (in some) take over and I can see fans turning on each other.

Be best for Vyner to either play CB (cant see that happening) or be taken out this game for the clubs sake imo
    Big call for the manager we're playing arguably the best team in the league, we gave them a game away, but that was when confidence was high and we were playing well. Does he pick Vyner and show he's his own man or play Jones and admit he may have been wrong. It's a no win situation for me brought on by his persistence in playing him in the first place. My bet is that Jones has a niggle and will be unavailable.

Never mind the right back what about the midfield. Who deserves to keep their place?

I am a plasterers mate and the abuse Vyner is getting on here is disgusting.
    Of course it comes from the underachievers on here as I said before before it was removed by the gestapo( cue mock indignation and suggestions that I would like to murder a million Jews)

Never seen Vyner giving less than 100 per cent.
    He is out of position and plays inside on Warney’s orders leaving the winger free..these are the problems not the young lad’s fault.
    Warney makes the same tactical mistakes week after week
    I am not actually criticising Warne who does his best on peanuts but the blame does not lie with Vyner.

Get off his back and try and make something with your own failed lives.

Didn't agree with cheering when Vyner went off. I didn't think he had a good game though. Their left winger was so right footed, and he should have been putting him down the line every chance he got, but kept letting him cut back onto his right. He jogged back for the first goal after getting beaten on the wing. Statue for the 3rd goal.

I thought Vaulks was awful. He is either very average and scores an worldy goal, or plays like he did on Saturday. If someone offered a million for him I would snatch their hand off. He simply can't pass and his decision making at times isn't right. Classic example was near the end when the centre backs were heading up and he launched a 40 yard ball out to the wing. Actually a good pass for once but not what the rest of the team wanted him to do. Half the time those long balls fly out of play. You could see the defenders looking at him thinking what are you doing. There is still potential but you would think by now his passing would be better.

Taylor is similar to Vaulks, just no quality there at Championship level. Runs into trouble, can only finish about 1 in 10 good chances (Saturday was his 1).

The good news is the new lad looked good. If he is fit he has to start against Leeds.

All we are doing is giving our opinions.
    We have every right to do that and most on here are actually empathising with Vyner.

The manager has had a lot of deserved praise on here.
    Saturday was awful and he has to take that on the chin. It’s his fault that he’s picking the players in wrong positions.
    As a supporter who puts my hand in my pocket and goes to games I’m gonna keep saying when I think the manager has got it wrong.
    I’ll also give praise when it’s due.
    That’s my right as a supporter.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast