+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The roar when Vyner was subbed.....

Warney thinks it’s disgusting booing Vyner off.

Yes I agree with you Warney but that’s down to you, you have got to take some blame here but I don’t think you will.

Not very often I am ashamed to be a Millers fan, that moment was one of them. A young kid, playing out of position, doing his best in a very tough division. It's not as if the rest are playing brilliantly, a d he's letting them down.
    Of course, folk will say they pay and have a right to protest, that doesn't make it right.

Why not put Jerry Yates at right back. He was the only player i saw win a tackle against their winger and he reads the game a lot better than Vyner. Didn't join in with the boos but how manys goals given away this season has vyner been directly responsible for. Put Vaulksy there he woud be better as well.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-01-2019 at 07:24 PM.

As much as Vyner is playing out of position at right back, are we actually playing a proper back 4. The full backs on both sides play narrow, albeit Vyner more so. The full backs are too slow to close down. It doesn't just fall on the players but the management that are setting them up and training them to play this way.

We might as well set up with 3 centre halves, at least then Vyner wouldn't be out of position. Although with all the centre backs fit, would he start

Vaulks is not an option at right back, as poor and none existent our midfield was today, Vaulks is the only one that shows any effort and ability. Take him out of midfield and what does it leave us with!

Said it before but vyner as young as he is would be playing for his club if he was up to it..its not the lads fault..its the management's..shocking to boo him all the same...watch out for the knives..

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Why not put Jerry Yates at right back. He was the only player i saw win a tackle against their winger and he reads the game a lot better than Vyner. Didn't join in with the boos but how manys goals given away this season has vyner been directly responsible for. Put Vaulksy there he woud be better as well.
    He been hitting the gym at at Carlisle?

Looked like it.

Still runs funny but not going to be muscled off the ball as easily anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Vaulks is not an option at right back, as poor and none existent our midfield was today, Vaulks is the only one that shows any effort and ability. Take him out of midfield and what does it leave us with!

Shame he didn't show that ability today. His passing was non impressive and the shocker for their 4th goal said it all today about Vaulks. Poor game but he will learn form it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I've heard dafter ideas that have worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shame he didn't show that ability today. His passing was non impressive and the shocker for their 4th goal said it all today about Vaulks. Poor game but he will learn form it.
    Surely Warne should point out that he doesn't always have to go for the long pass option?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast