+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 157 Years Of History!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not surprisingly, Al is getting some serious stick on twitter tonight.
    Not surprising at all when he says this

Well done for stating the obvious. But the context of my response was acknowledging our performances have improved which will hopefully bear fruits in the next 4 out of next 6 games at home

He actually believes we are getting better. Well the Cambridge game was the worst I have ever seen from Notts, so we must have been pretty bad before that.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I want you to try and comprehend the historical damage you are doing to this club!
    Me too, but I'm afraid this is a plea that will fall on deaf ears. I thought the darkest days had been survived in the pre-Munto era when Steve Thompson was appointed manager with no time and no budget, but we actually survived. In fact we did more than survive, we finished mid table. I think player for player this squad is definitely better than the one Thommo had, but it has one really bad deficiency - no heart, no guts, no fight, no belief, no bottle, no desire, no pride, no passion. A pathetic bunch who simply go through the motions hoping something will happen, but never coming close to busting a gut to MAKE it happen. I was hoping that given his background, Ardley would manage to at least motivate the team, but he hasn't even come close. The reality is that we have just lost 0-6 on aggregate to Yeovil (yes, f@cking YEOVIL) so where do we go from here?

The only logical answer is the National League. That will be heartbreaking for us, but very few of the players will give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I was hoping that given his background, Ardley would manage to at least motivate the team, but he hasn't even come close. The reality is that we have just lost 0-6 on aggregate to Yeovil (yes, f@cking YEOVIL) so where do we go from here?
    Ardley was finished before he started with us. He'd been on a bad run, he was trying to take a break but AH persuaded him to cut short his holiday. On paper it was a good decision. The guy is clearly a nice man, cares but he's got no fight left in him and he can't raise the fight in the players. A year out is what he needs. On top of that we are cursed, even our new goalie falls ill. Still, we'll have the best ground in the Conference. Really don't know what else to say.

This doesn't sound good lads, and although I as a neutral fan keep expecting County to start winning, Ive noticed it didn't happen again for your lot today.
    IF you do go down to the Conference league, what happens then ?.

Oddly enough we won away at Neal Ardley's former team Wimbledon today. Is he not good enough then as your manager/coach etc ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 19-01-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Like all on here with the odd exception l am absolutely gutted, in my 68 years of watching my beloved Pies l have seen some poor teams & terrible players. One thing they all shared with the best though was, Pride, Passion & Commitment when they pulled the famous shirt on. That was the case until this Shower of Garbage arrived. ������
    This is the most galling thing for me. Our squads during the Trust era were much poorer in terms of potential ability and prior league experience than this squad is, but they battled for their lives. Our current players are making the same careless, half-hearted mistakes week in week out and giving up our proud league status and unrivalled history without so much as a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    This is the most galling thing for me. Our squads during the Trust era were much poorer in terms of potential ability and prior league experience than this squad is, but they battled for their lives. Our current players are making the same careless, half-hearted mistakes week in week out and giving up our proud league status and unrivalled history without so much as a whimper.
    The pre-munto squads were nowhere near the standard of the current lot, but as you said they battled for their lives. Three home matches out of four they battled for their lives whilst having "You're not fit to wear the shirt" ringing in their ears whilst trying to stop our club disappearing into oblivion. Ever since then I've come to the conclusion that one of the major problems Notts have is actually the majority of the people who sit there and watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Oddly enough we won away at Neal Ardley's former team Wimbledon today. Is he not good enough then as your manager/coach etc ?
    In terms of results he's brought about no improvement so far, but as I've said in another post, I think even great Notts managers like Sirrel, Warnock and Allardyce would have struggled to revive the current squad in the short time Ardley has had. The truth is he's not had anywhere near enough time to show whether he will eventually be a good manager for us, but we've junked so many managers so quickly that we cannot go changing again. Ardley's got a promotion on his CV, which is a pretty good indicator of an able manager, so we just have to stick with him and trust things will turn around eventually. It looks unlikely to be in time to save our league status though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    In terms of results he's brought about no improvement so far, but as I've said in another post, I think even great Notts managers like Sirrel, Warnock and Allardyce would have struggled to revive the current squad in the short time Ardley has had. The truth is he's not had anywhere near enough time to show whether he will eventually be a good manager for us, but we've junked so many managers so quickly that we cannot go changing again. Ardley's got a promotion on his CV, which is a pretty good indicator of an able manager, so we just have to stick with him and trust things will turn around eventually. It looks unlikely to be in time to save our league status though.
    Hey tahh Jack for replying!.
    I as a Barnsley fan have got so many mixed memories against the County club over the years, and Im shocked to see you lot in your current position!.
    The last time I remember us playing the County was in season 2014-15 in Lg One, and you had a bloke called Ricardo Moniz in charge. What on earth has happened since then eh ?.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123