+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we survive the drop....thoughts

Knee jerk reactions to a run of poor results which is perfectly understandable .

Of course you can stay up , it will be tight but you have a team who will leave nothing in the dressing room and that is a significant attribute in relegation battles .

The squad is also together , no internal problems ,no big time charlies and everyone pulling in the same direction .

Ipswich , Bolton have all kinds of issues going on behind the scenes so that's two teams who look more likely to me .

Reading are the team you should be most wary of but even they look pretty deflated because I reckon recent times have them thinking they are above this kind of battle and the culture isn't quite as right as it is at the NYS .

Fourth bottom gets the job done , that's all you need to be looking at .

We,re in a great position to stop up so yes we can do it.
    The last ten games are a concern but the other teams are handing it to us on a plate. It's frustrating we can't take advantage at the moment.

I think if we do end up in L1 we will do very well.
    PW only had one go and he won promotion whilst learning as the season went on.
    He,ll be even better prepared next time and we,ll have a competitive budget
    Last edited by flourbasher; 19-01-2019 at 08:55 PM.

We have to start playing a different way.
    Today was so predictable and ineffective.
    We’re 4th from bottom so yes we can.
    If we carry on like today though then no we won’t.
    Big few weeks coming up recruitment wise.

What do we want from our teams though in the long run ?.
    Struggling and losing in the Champship most weeks, and the inevitable relegation scrap that goes with it.
    Or doing well and winning in Lg One most weeks, and the inevitable promotion push that goes with it.

We might have discussed it on here in the summer that our teams swapped places with each other again last season, and it might happen again this season as well. But being a so called yo-yo team between these two league's doesn't help us at all really does it.

I’m not what you’d call a happy clapper I call a spade a spade but I always try and look on the bright side of our situation, now for the first this season even I’m doubting we’ll avoid relegation.

Looks like 3 from 4 and in my opinion Reading are in a false position.

Our saving grace is that it could be a low target to stay up 41/42? How we get there is anyone’s guess!

I have absolutely no liking for Bolton for various reasons, and their financial circus freak show is an absolute disgrace.
    And Ive got no sympathy for Ipswich either, they turned on Mick Mac and forced him out, despite him keeping them 'comfortable' in the Champship each season.

I think they're both gone/going, so its only 1 other team who you've got to finish above. Look at how badly its gone for Neil Harris & Millwall this time, after last seasons flash in the pan first season back etc.

it's between the bottom 6 .

it's only going to take 1 team to go on a 3 -4 win game run to pull them out or pull them clear.

I think with this team we will struggle it will be touch and go.

we are what we are it is what it is.

if we go down to league 1 I expect a top 7 finish.

tbh i cant see us reaching 40 points. we may get the odd win and the odd draw but another 15 points from 16 games?

im gunna stick my neck out and say we will win 2 more game and draw 3. 9 points total

No, in a word employing the tactics our manager insists of playing week in ,week out,Lets face it we need to get rid of him and his team of hangers on - new day ,same ****.I am absolutely sick of the same tactics every weekForget the lack of quality its down to coaching the players ,Whats more simple than receive the ball ,pass and move into space - that's all the game entails but we continue to get the ball ,look up and hit the ball long to the opposition.Now that's the responsibility of the manager and coaching staff to drill those basics into the team and if you don't follow those rules then youre out .We are getting poorer by the week and are doomed to relegation if we don't change our style and that's down to Warne.I know many Millers see him as the messiah but I see him as a fitness coach ,we need a professional man manager who can motivate and encourage the the team not a nice guy who hosts a god barbeque,For me its Warne out !

We need to sort that right wing out forde and vyner is like Danny Collins and kelle Roos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast