+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we survive the drop....thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I have absolutely no liking for Bolton for various reasons, and their financial circus freak show is an absolute disgrace.
    And Ive got no sympathy for Ipswich either, they turned on Mick Mac and forced him out, despite him keeping them 'comfortable' in the Champship each season.

I think they're both gone/going, so its only 1 other team who you've got to finish above. Look at how badly its gone for Neil Harris & Millwall this time, after last seasons flash in the pan first season back etc.
    If there was any justice Bolton and those horrible feckers from sarf london would go down , I take the Ipswich position as pretty much too bigger an ask .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If there was any justice Bolton and those horrible feckers from sarf london would go down , I take the Ipswich position as pretty much too bigger an ask .
    Id forgot about Wigan as well (as Im obviously looking at the Lg One table tonight lol), they are also definitely in the mix. And that surprises me a bit as I thought they might have that 'first season back thing' about them.
    Surely the Nobbers are going to be safe now, thanks to a debut goal from Brad Potts today!.

We can't go on using this system. It's the second half of the season, we've played everyone and everyone now knows how one dimensional we are so our chances of winning anymore games playing this system are increasingly slim. If we insist on playing this way, we will go down with a whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    We can't go on using this system. It's the second half of the season, we've played everyone and everyone now knows how one dimensional we are so our chances of winning anymore games playing this system are increasingly slim. If we insist on playing this way, we will go down with a whimper.
    You won't go down in my opinion , I think you will just have enough .

I didnt expect us to go up last season and didnt think there'd be 3 team below us this season in mid Jan.

You've got it, Wan Chai.

I love this team of ours playing at this level of football, even though I know it will be a relegation scrap before a ball has been kicked. I love going to watch us play, and compete, against some really good teams, knowing that sometimes at this level we will get a bit of a hiding, but also knowing that we will give some good teams a bloody nose.
    If someone had said at beginning of season that come late January we would still be out of bottom 3 I would have taken that all day long, although our last 10 games is a worry and I'd have felt better about our chances of staying up, if we'd played that top 2 teams twice as opposed to the bottom 2 teams twice.
    As for the game yesterday, all the damage from them came 2nd half, because for me anyway we were well worth being level at half time, and we'd have gone in at half time in front if Robertsons point blank header hadn't been saved and Ajayi somehow managed to miss the net from 4 yards following up.
    They changed from a back 4 to a back 3 and an extra midfielder 2nd half, or that's how it looked to me, and then dominated the game and could and should have won by more.Individual errors didn't help our cause ,but at half time we were well in this match against a real good team, but 2nd half they were different class.

Warne has admitted that this team finished 4th last season in Division One we have had chances to get some quality but Rotherham have always been cheap and will not pay out. Ive heard fans say no player is worth the money that clubs want for them but they are . Warnock saw this Jakett saw this poor Alan Stubbs knew this Warne was pushed into this .Is everyone blind we cannot compete with players who are loanees or from relegated clubs Blackpool two players Northampton cook has arrived . Ive never rated Richie barker Sorry at my time of life I wont see us in The Championship Warne needs to borrow Man Cities reserve team if it was at all possible . Im not joking when Rotherham go down all the loanees go back to their own clubs and after next season we will be in the 2nd division.

Before Saturday I thought we had a tough job to stay up. After Saturday I'd say we've no chance, the manager needs to get real, being Mr Nice guy is brilliant and having a happy set of lads is great but when it goes wrong you have to manage. I've managed lads for a living and agree a happy team is a winning team but you have to be realistic because sometimes it's not enough and doesn't work. Warne doesn't need to chuck his dummy out because the fans criticise he needs to take it, analyse it and respond in the manner he feels appropriate. If he's doing that all well and good if he's just being stubborn and thinking his way is the only way then we're in trouble.

I think that PW,s strategy is that with his bunch of nice guys he can at least remain competitive and it gives him something over and above just a div one team. To be fair to him its worked so far and it's quite visionary in terms of managing a football team. He knows he can't splash the cash so he's got to find another way of doing it.

The alternative, which he's witnessed first hand and got his fingers burnt, is the lack of togetherness in the Alan Stubbs team.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast