+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst week ever? Discuss.

Worst week ever? Discuss.

So we begin a History defining week with a whimper. Home defeat against a poor Cambridge with hardly a sniff at goal. Shortly after we let Turley go, yes not the world's best defender but at least he was no nonsense and had passion, desire, heart. We follow that up with signing the " Crab " , Mr sideways because those naughty nasty men at Crawley said we have too!!!. A player with no passion, desire , heart. Then we hear Grant signs for our local rivals, a player that could add vision, class and goals to our woeful midfield. Before people come on and tell me Grant " wasn't all that" err he provided an assist for a goal today. More than messrs Boldewijn and Vaughn have managed. Then the 2 signings never materialise and AH says no new ones in but Boldewijn is fit again so all is good. We finish our fabulous week with another whimper, 2-0 to the mighty Yeovil, a poor to terrible team. Surely there has not been a worse week in the history of this project club? Discuss?

Proud club!!! Although maybe it has become someone's " pet project "

We made an offer to Forest for Granty and I understand Mansfield doubled it, plus they offered him a massive win bonus per game.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We made an offer to Forest for Granty and I understand Mansfield doubled it, plus they offered him a massive win bonus per game.

Are you telling me they offered him 2 Pukka Pies a week.

We could be 10 points from safety this time next Saturday, so things could get even worse. With 21 points from 29 games and a goal difference of -30, we need to change our name to Barnstoneworth United.

It's been terrible. Hope is draining away there is no unity, three managers in and most would just shrug their shoulders of Ardley was sacked tonight.
    A DOF for the long term planning and management of the club lasts two months. A massive squad that can't get a winning first eleven on the pitch.
    Yep, can't think of a worse week in our worst ever season.

Bottom line for me after all my years supporting Notts.

Today I watched a bit of the Harrogate v Hartlepool game on BT Sport.

Unthinkable not long ago that we might be down there with them. But today reality has dawned.

It's still possible to avoid relegation, and anything can happen, but even I am very concerned now.

Well at least I'm not the only one thinking we are so far in the more it's untrue! Note than none of the rose tinted AH brigade have responded. No doubt too busy kissing the rosary beads , praying for the play offs and thanking the good lord for Alan the Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Well at least I'm not the only one thinking we are so far in the more it's untrue! Note than none of the rose tinted AH brigade have responded. No doubt too busy kissing the rosary beads , praying for the play offs and thanking the good lord for Alan the Divine
    To be honest I can not see us take another point this season let alone avoid the drop... It's so sad that this is happening but the only tiny glimmer of hope is the fact we have 2 weeks without a game so plenty of time to get new faces in and drop 90% of this dead weight. As stated in another thread If I was AH I would pay off most of the "players" contracts and sent them to the Evostick premiership where they belong. He would loose a damn sight more money if and when we loose our league status.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast