+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Worst week ever? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'd take Mike Edwards any day of the week. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but even Jason Lee would make a difference to this side. At least the opposition's defenders would know they'd been in a game.
    Jason Lee is exactly what we need, a bit of presence. Sadly I even think Delroy would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    The Big Al stand. Iremonger Road will be renamed George Hardy Avenue.

Probably Meadow Lane Stadium could be called The Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club brought to you by Alan Hardy Stadium.
    The council may be in charge of naming that one. They do own the lease and wasn't it dependent on league status?

Jason Lee is exactly what we need, a bit of presence. Sadly I even think Delroy would make a difference.
    and Hollis as well. Isn't it bad when you can name these players and wish they were playing for us now?

"Delroy Chasey on the face!"

Absolutely he would. Again another player who had his own chant because he gave it his best shot and did finish our top goal scorer in the pre-munto season.

I’d have David Pipe as well on the wing, John Thompson at right back and Michael Johnson (the veteran) alongside Steddy Eddy in Defence. Richard Butcher in midfield, Myles Weston on the other wing, Russell Hoult in goal. That’s only McParlands team (with the exception of Pipe).

Then there are those who played under Thompson and Dearden who would be able to do a job today based on how they were when they played for us.

Are we at the stage where we would have Paul Bolland in midfield yet?
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 20-01-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Absolutely he would. Again another player who had his own chant because he gave it his best shot and did finish our top goal scorer in the pre-munto season.

I’d have David Pipe as well on the wing, John Thompson at right back and Michael Johnson (the veteran) alongside Steddy Eddy in Defence. Richard Butcher in midfield, Myles Weston on the other wing, Russell Hoult in goal. That’s only McParlands team (with the exception of Pipe).

Then there are those who played under Thompson and Dearden who would be able to do a job today based on how they were when they played for us.

Are we at the stage where we would have Paul Bolland in midfield yet?
    Hahaha you know we've reached new levels of awful when we look nostalgically back at those pre-Munto seasons. Aaaaaaaah bloody 'ell.

Too early?

Name:  RIP 2019.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  12.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Too early?

It's not dead.......it's just pining.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Too early?

How about this then, gumpy?

Name:  RIP 2019 2.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  12.7 KB

It's a measure of how far we've slumped and how much we've overpaid for the current shambles when such names as Jason Lee, Delroy Facey, Edwards, Pipe, Weston and Russel Hoult would all genuinely strengthen us.
    Lee and Facey from the start of the season would have made a massive difference.
    There has to be someone of that standard available this window?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast