+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst week ever? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Today I watched a bit of the Harrogate v Hartlepool game on BT Sport.

Unthinkable not long ago that we might be down there with them. But today reality has dawned.

It's still possible to avoid relegation, and anything can happen, but even I am very concerned now.
    Rightly so. I think up to Christmas, before we played those teams immediately around us, there was always the hope that we could be the best of the bad bunch at the bottom, but it turns out that we are the worst of the bad bunch, and by a decent margin.

First post for a couple of years but having been through everything we’ve all been and seen over the last 46 years (my time) this season is about as worst I’ve ever seen it.
    As many people have said at least I’ve seen the glory years and yes they were special I just feel for all of you or there who have supported this this team for the last 20 years or so bar one season you’ve had nothing, please keep the faith hopefully one day you’ll get to see what me and a few others have in this great clubs history.....

Quote Originally Posted by chedozie View Post
    First post for a couple of years but having been through everything we’ve all been and seen over the last 46 years (my time) this season is about as worst I’ve ever seen it.
    As many people have said at least I’ve seen the glory years and yes they were special I just feel for all of you or there who have supported this this team for the last 20 years or so bar one season you’ve had nothing, please keep the faith hopefully one day you’ll get to see what me and a few others have in this great clubs history.....
    Bring back the 'like' button. It takes courage to still foresee a positive future at a time like this.

Worse season ever, that's for sure. I was thinking earlier how depressing it is to be virtually certain that we will lose to two local rivals - Lincoln and Mansfield - without putting up a fight. What could be more dispiriting than that knowing you don't stand a chance of competing in the bottom division?

Things will get really ugly really quickly if something doesn't change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    In response to your questions; Yes, no, he's been made to feel unwelcome and God knows.

The Masson Suite is now The Directors Lounge, Wheelers is the Carlsberg lounge and there are no VP's. If you want to know the some ifit reasons then I suggest that you ask Mr Hardy.
    I was not aware of any of the above. Why rename the lounges that are bestowed in honour to club legends to a boring generic name or even worse advertising a horrible mass produced beer?

Likewise why disband the VP’s?

Which club legend has been alienated?

What next the Derek Pavis stand being named the Main Stand?

Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I was not aware of any of the above. Why rename the lounges that are bestowed in honour to club legends to a boring generic name or even worse advertising a horrible mass produced beer?

Likewise why disband the VP’s?

Which club legend has been alienated?

What next the Derek Pavis stand being named the Main Stand?

Very disappointing.
    The Big Al stand. Iremonger Road will be renamed George Hardy Avenue.

Probably Meadow Lane Stadium could be called The Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club brought to you by Alan Hardy Stadium.

I wonder if Big Al understands the ramifications of relegation. Not the end of the world by any means, but he hasn't just bought a post office and fked that up. 157 years of history, generations of supporters, and a huge part of the community, is what he has in his hands. I've lived abroad for years, but my Mum and Dad's side were all Meadows and all Notts fans going back many, many years. I still tune in daily to see what's going on as it's part of me. Unfortunately.

Might avoid relegation, might not, might bounce back, might sink like a stone. The abuse he gets on twitter will be nothing if they do get relegated. He best pull his finger out in the transfer window, because as others have said, it will get toxic very quickly if nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by chedozie View Post
    I hope we do, and yes I will continue to keep the faith. I’m not going to let this bunch of players or any players, managers or chairman change my passion for this club, never!

All of the above are fleeting but the fans are the club. As long as we continue to support it and remain strong and stick with it then I am optimistic that we will have an upturn in our fortunes one day. If the fans desert it should we go down then it will die. That does not mean I don’t understand if people don’t want to watch non-league football. In the meantime we are having to suffer the hurt and the pain and humiliation week in and week out.

I think back to the pre Munto days and we might not have had the best players or managers in the world but one thing they had was pride, effort, passion and desire. They also had character. We also had no money either yet with Steve Thompson we had a team that finished mid table. Under Billy Dearden we had an embargo and behind the scenes turmoil but we had a team that fought to stay in the league and did. Likewise under McParland we stayed up with next to no quality.

One player that stands out for me in all this was Richard Butcher. He was one of those instrumental players who’s goals helped us stay in the football league. How much would he have loved to be out on that pitch god rest his soul.

In fact it just makes me angry because these players don’t know how lucky they are. They are in the prime of their lives playing professional football. I keep hearing that this team is supposed to better than those players and teams from back then but my conclusion is they may have the ability (debatable) but they lack any form of character or fight.

Tell you what there were some decent players in those pre Munto days that we’d cry out for now. The kind that other teams seem to get by with in this league. Wouldn’t mind Matt Hamshaw or Myles Weston right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    Tell you what there were some decent players in those pre Munto days that we’d cry out for now. The kind that other teams seem to get by with in this league. Wouldn’t mind Matt Hamshaw or Myles Weston right now.
    I'd take Mike Edwards any day of the week. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but even Jason Lee would make a difference to this side. At least the opposition's defenders would know they'd been in a game.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast