+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MkDons vs Alex

MkDons vs Alex

Is there anybody out here? Maybe it's the highest point of our parable this season. Enjoy!

Get in there what a win ! 6 points off the play offs .Come on the bloodtubs

Yeh,those 6 points can be made up with all the games remaining.
    Could yet be a memorable season.
    In fact, thinking back, where were we when we started that 16 game unbeaten run in 2012? Probably lower than 14th I'm quite sure.

Terrific win over the Dons and totally unexpected perhaps we have turned a corner, I know Artel has said that he believes that the play offs are within reach and until this win I had my doubts, but our chances don't get easier with Colchester and then Carlisle up in the next 2 games. Colchester are first up they are a team of giants and we have fallen foul of them earlier his season, we are a different team now so perhaps we can get some revenge for that 6-0 mauling we suffered earlier this season, they would be a big scalp. These next 2 games could make or break our season, right now I'd take 3 points, but perhaps we could take all 6.

Anyone can beat anybody in this league. Proved that against Lincoln too. Need Grimsby to beat FGR tomorrow night now. 8 academy lads in that starting line-up on Saturday. At least Artell is giving the youngsters a chance. Pre-Artell, they were giving them away for fun. This bloke signs them up on proper contracts, because he knows that this is the way we survive, in these difficult financial times for the smaller clubs. Funny how everyone was so negative and writing us off before Xmas..... including BBC Radio Stoke. There would be no point supporting Crewe if you thought this way and did not live in hope. Good job we all stuck with them in those bleak days of the 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Anyone can beat anybody in this league. Proved that against Lincoln too. Need Grimsby to beat FGR tomorrow night now. 8 academy lads in that starting line-up on Saturday. At least Artell is giving the youngsters a chance. Pre-Artell, they were giving them away for fun. This bloke signs them up on proper contracts, because he knows that this is the way we survive, in these difficult financial times for the smaller clubs. Funny how everyone was so negative and writing us off before Xmas..... including BBC Radio Stoke. There would be no point supporting Crewe if you thought this way and did not live in hope. Good job we all stuck with them in those bleak days of the 1970's.
    Most of these youngsters have been around the first team for a couple of years now and are now starting to show there potential, I think most people, including Radio Stoke were critical of our away form, we played well but failed to score and ended up with a 1 goal loss, they are the most infuriating results, at home on the other hand we have been the total opposite and have a superb home record. I think Saturdays win will give confidence to players and fans alike, we have some ground to make up and Grimsby can do us a huge service against FGR, but the next two games are the most important and those are in our own hands.

Quite right that the away form attracted negativity before Xmas, no point in glossing over the situation. The key thing within a negative situation though is to put it right.and players and management alike got reward last Saturday for applying themselves positively (Morecambe too). Shows we're not far off in this league, DA/KL know it and so do the squad.Just got to maintain consistency 🏆

Quote Originally Posted by lyndongrange View Post
    Quite right that the away form attracted negativity before Xmas, no point in glossing over the situation. The key thing within a negative situation though is to put it right.and players and management alike got reward last Saturday for applying themselves positively (Morecambe too). Shows we're not far off in this league, DA/KL know it and so do the squad.Just got to maintain consistency ��
    Absolutely. We need to now continue away from home, where we left off at MK Dons. My point about negativity before Xmas, was based on the general criticism towards results / performances, with no credit given to our achievements at Gresty Road. Complaints about our away results were well founded and justified, but apart from the Mansfield defeat and the inability to master the soaking conditions against Oldham, there was not much to moan about on home soil. At least our season is not yet dead. Let us hope it is still very much alive a week on Saturday at 4.55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The bloodtubs View Post
    Get in there what a win ! 6 points off the play offs .Come on the bloodtubs
    With FGR beating Grimsby tonight (3-0), those 6 points behind the play-off places, have now extended to a tricky 8. That means that a win against Colchester on Saturday is imperative. They now sit in 7th position. One positive about the FGR is that Grimsby (one place below us) are still 4 points adrift of the Alex and have now played the same amount of games. I am really not looking at a possible play-off place at this moment in time, just a steady movement up the table and then we will see where we sit at say, Easter.

Would settle for mid table safety and with another year under their belts and a bit more serious first team investment go for automatic next season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast