+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Budget next season

Budget next season

I believe the player budget for the National League next season will have to be less than 50% of this years budget.

That means that virtually every player under contract next season will have to be moved on if at all possible.

The net result will be a completely new squad which is the reason League clubs who are demoted very rarely come back up.

Don’t be surprised if we have another relegation fight, this time the grounds will be at risk as well. We could find ourselves ground sharing with Basford United.

Thanks.. that’s cheered me up no end.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Thanks.. that’s cheered me up no end.

Don't worry, considering Jonny has posted this it probably means we'll stay up this year. Cheers Jonny mate, at least you're doing your bit for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

Don't worry, considering Jonny has posted this it probably means we'll stay up this year. Cheers Jonny mate, at least you're doing your bit for the club.
    True. Just when you're on the point of giving up, jonny provides a little ray of hope!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    I believe the player budget for the National League next season will have to be less than 50% of this years budget.

That means that virtually every player under contract next season will have to be moved on if at all possible.

The net result will be a completely new squad which is the reason League clubs who are demoted very rarely come back up.

Don’t be surprised if we have another relegation fight.
    Chesterfield are certainly finding it that way. I think they'll get the wheels back on in time and probably start to build from there, but Stockport and York City are the worst case scenarios!

I think we'll keep players like Bird, Crawford, maybe even Fitz, plus all the youth players. But yeah, we can't expect to drop down and be the best team - any half decent players we have will be off, and we'll quickly settle into our usual habit of fighting relegation no matter what division we're in.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Chesterfield are certainly finding it that way. I think they'll get the wheels back on in time and probably start to build from there, but Stockport and York City are the worst case scenarios!
    Chesterfield have an owner who wants out,did last season.No FFP in that league either

Not a chance in a million years the City Council would evict Notts.

No need to worry with our expert scouting setup. Wave bye-bye to the current world beaters but expect the next generation in to replace them. We will probably be so good we will be allowed to bypass div2 and go straight to the top of div1.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    No need to worry with our expert scouting setup. Wave bye-bye to the current world beaters but expect the next generation in to replace them. We will probably be so good we will be allowed to bypass div2 and go straight to the top of div1.
    And the you woke up. 😂😂😂😂