+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Recruitment Director still here?

Is the Recruitment Director still here?

What is the point of having this position at the club?Will we actually see at long last some new players this week come in.We badly need some firepower up front,Smithy will be knackered if he has to continue playing with no support.If Neil Warnock is prepared to let us have a couple of forwards we should go all out for it to get these lads in.

He's still here and has recently signed a two year contract extension, but he now needs surgery and is going to be laid up for the rest of the season
    (Only joking...)

Can't see the point of paying anyone to identify good or potentially good players and human beings when 9 times out of 10 we can't/won't compete for their signatures

He doesn’t actually sign the players you know

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He doesn’t actually sign the players you know
    Yes, I know that Millertop, and he may very well identify some gems. But I repeat, what is the point when 9 times out of 10 we don't get them over the line.

Human nature. Now we are losing folk are looking for scapegoats.No one moaned about the signings last season, because that is the market we are shopping in. I'm sure he would recommend Jota at Wolves, if we had the money.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Human nature. Now we are losing folk are looking for scapegoats.No one moaned about the signings last season, because that is the market we are shopping in. I'm sure he would recommend Jota at Wolves, if we had the money.
    What? Didn't you read the comments about some of our signings last season, not to mention the sarcasm about the "super computer"?
    Tony Stewart heralded the employment of Jamie Johnson as a bit of a coup for our club and said he had been brought in to change the recruitment policy by unearthing young, hungry talent.
    Is he delivering his remit? I would say the jury is still out.

Doesn't he work from home in Salisbury ? Would imagine the Crooks signing is down to Barker (from his time with MK Dons ).

not sure if he has anything to do with the loan players but the list of permanent signings since Johnson has been at rufc is
    and how i rate them out of 10 when wearing the rufc shirt
    matt crooks ??
    billy jones 7
    clark roberts 8
    kyle vassell 6
    richard odonell 5
    joel ekstrand 3
    ben purrington 7
    semi ajayi 7
    david ball 6
    alex bray 4
    michael ihiekwe 7
    darren potter 7
    ryan williams 8
    jamie proctor 6
    shaun cummings 4
    manny onarise 4
    michael smith 7
    matt palmer 6

on a whole most of the signings are a good std for league one. 2 maybe 3 would be classed as championship std with 3 only league 2 std at best
    Last edited by caytonmiller; 20-01-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    not sure if he has anything to do with the loan players but the list of permanent signings since Johnson has been at rufc is
    matt crooks
    billy jones
    clark roberts
    kyle vassell
    richard odonell
    joel ekstrand
    ben purrington
    semi ajayi
    david ball
    alex bray
    michael ihiekwe
    darren potter
    ryan williams
    jamie proctor
    shaun cummings
    manny onarise
    michael smith
    matt palmer
    Three or four of them maybe are Championship standard... about half of them have been bogged down with injury/illness problems. Three have already gone, two are on loan and unlikely to return, one is out for the rest of this season, one is injured and unlikely to be fit before the end of his contact.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 20-01-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast