+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Recruitment Director still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Yes, I know that Millertop, and he may very well identify some gems. But I repeat, what is the point when 9 times out of 10 we don't get them over the line.
    Wasn’t aimed at you patty
    I just read the thread wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Human nature. Now we are losing folk are looking for scapegoats.No one moaned about the signings last season, because that is the market we are shopping in. I'm sure he would recommend Jota at Wolves, if we had the money.
    Quite true. When we hit the dizzy heights of 14th in the table and things were looking rosy, everyone was a genius and the recruitment couldn't have been better.

as jock mentioned, think most people didnt moan because the signings were a good std for league one. sadly for the entertainment factor we are now in the championship and i think most knew we would need a better squad for the champ. has Warne/Johnson delivered that quality? from what we have seen there just short.
    btw not blaming anyone as theres budget/location ect to factor in. unfortunately we are what we are and its a good league one squad
    Last edited by caytonmiller; 20-01-2019 at 04:03 PM.

[QUOTE=mellowmiller;39121222]What? Didn't you read the comments about some of our signings last season, not to mention the sarcasm about the "super computer"?
    Tony Stewart heralded the employment of Jamie Johnson as a bit of a coup for our club and said he had been brought in to change the recruitment policy by unearthing young, hungry talent.
    Is he delivering his remit? I would say the jury is still out.[/QUOTE

Wasnt it him who recommended that great full back we signed for 300,000? The one who doesnt play?

Think you will find he does play. Just not for us ��

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    not sure if he has anything to do with the loan players but the list of permanent signings since Johnson has been at rufc is
    and how i rate them out of 10 when wearing the rufc shirt
    matt crooks ??
    billy jones 7
    clark roberts 8
    kyle vassell 6
    richard odonell 5
    joel ekstrand 3
    ben purrington 7
    semi ajayi 7
    david ball 6
    alex bray 4
    michael ihiekwe 7
    darren potter 7
    ryan williams 8
    jamie proctor 6
    shaun cummings 4
    manny onarise 4
    michael smith 7
    matt palmer 6

on a whole most of the signings are a good std for league one. 2 maybe 3 would be classed as championship std with 3 only league 2 std at best
    Kyle vassal 6

yet ihiekwe 7

the numbers next to the name represent how many mistakes they have made??

Ihiekwe was a solid 7 last season and Vassell has 2 L's. Stop using your problem to replace being lazy ��

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Think you will find he does play. Just not for us ��
    Yes thats what i meant cayton...not for us..we pay 300k and send him out on loan... 🤔

Players for the future: Bray, Purrington, Bowery etc. Trouble is we need players for now especially when we can’t even name 7 subs. Admitted we have had an exceptional list of injuries but whatever the budget the squad is too small and not good enough for the league. Having said all that we have been out of the relegation places for most of the season. Let’s just hope the recruitment team pull something out of the bag and keep us above the line until the end of the season.
    Last edited by pip_y; 21-01-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Trouble is we need players for now especially when we can’t even name 7 subs.
    Unless it's a day when the reserves or youth team have been playing earlier , we should put one of the young lads on the bench to make up the seven if we are short of "first teamers". Would be a good psychological move to encourage them after what they will have seen with the progress of Ben Wiles.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 21-01-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast