+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparation

Preparation

With 8 wins at least required in 17 games and only 4 managed this season and with no tangible (surprise surprise) changes to the squad on the horizon we must at least begin preparations for our Non League life. Hopefully it will be short but I would sooner not have Vanarama Champions on the resume at all!

Perhaps someone more in the know than me can shed light on the following thoughts in my head.

1. I seem to remember that the lease on Meadow Lane was dependent on us being a football league club or have I gone mad? Is that the case and what is Plan B?

2. We will need to massively trim the wage bill I would have thought by 50% at least. Can anyone shed any light on players contract statuses. I am interested in how much dead wood we can off load in the summer. For the very few better players like Boldjewin they will of course inevitably leave perhaps for very small fees.

It's going to be brutal this summer and I have to say this is the kind of action ( working within extreme limitations) which will be required to stop all the band aid crap that has plagued Notts for years if not decades have a bloody good clear out, stop living beyond our means, be realistic and basically start from scratch with or without Ardley I am not really bothered either way.

We are not kicked out of ML in the 5th tier but could be if we go down to the 6th I think.

We will definately have to trim the wage bill all out of contract will be gone at a guess and yes Hemings / Enzio will probably go for free just to get them off th books.

It’s going to save lots of people some money as clearly the gates will drop and it’s not great for local games for us either other than Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We are not kicked out of ML in the 5th tier but could be if we go down to the 6th I think.

We will definately have to trim the wage bill all out of contract will be gone at a guess and yes Hemings / Enzio will probably go for free just to get them off th books.

It’s going to save lots of people some money as clearly the gates will drop and it’s not great for local games for us either other than Chesterfield.
    If Kristian Dennis didn't have to leave Chesterfield for free I don't see why Kane or Enzio would, you would hope they have relegation wage drop % clauses. Teams that drop out of the Premiership usually put a 30-50% wage cut if they drop out. Leicester had 50% (and werent relegated), Hull had 40%

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Correct.

Legs: That is assuming that Chesterfield do not get relegated!

There is nothing positive about dropping out of the league, it will be a tragedy of mammoth proportions - and an unforgivable one. The folly of poor judgement, rash decisions and inflated ego will not be easy to shake off.

Unless we can, somehow, conjure up 7 or 8 wins - which seems beyond any credibility - then the effects will be bitter, harsh & deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    If Kristian Dennis didn't have to leave Chesterfield for free I don't see why Kane or Enzio would, you would hope they have relegation wage drop % clauses. Teams that drop out of the Premiership usually put a 30-50% wage cut if they drop out. Leicester had 50% (and werent relegated), Hull had 40%
    This is Notts we are talking about do you think we would have thought about relegation haha

I think we will be worse off than Chesterfield moneywise we could have a problem shifting some of these wasters seen it all before with the likes of Hackworth.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    If clubs know that we need rid, we'll struggle to negotiate a decent deal for our better players. I can see Enzio and Hemmings going for 'undisclosed fees', which will probably mean a fun-size Snickers and a multipack of crisps.

I think Hardy needs to come out and tell the fans what the plan is now. He said a week ago that he hadn't run the numbers for the 'Doomsday Scenario' yet, but now is the time. If he doesn't have the stomach to fix what he broke, the fans need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    With 8 wins at least required in 17 games and only 4 managed this season and with no tangible (surprise surprise) changes to the squad on the horizon we must at least begin preparations for our Non League life. Hopefully it will be short but I would sooner not have Vanarama Champions on the resume at all!

Perhaps someone more in the know than me can shed light on the following thoughts in my head.

1. I seem to remember that the lease on Meadow Lane was dependent on us being a football league club or have I gone mad? Is that the case and what is Plan B?

2. We will need to massively trim the wage bill I would have thought by 50% at least. Can anyone shed any light on players contract statuses. I am interested in how much dead wood we can off load in the summer. For the very few better players like Boldjewin they will of course inevitably leave perhaps for very small fees.

It's going to be brutal this summer and I have to say this is the kind of action ( working within extreme limitations) which will be required to stop all the band aid crap that has plagued Notts for years if not decades have a bloody good clear out, stop living beyond our means, be realistic and basically start from scratch with or without Ardley I am not really bothered either way.
    I believe the following players will be out of contract so by default will be able to walk away at the end of the season;

Brisley, Duffy, Ward, Evina, Hewitt, Oxlade-Chamberlain, O’Brien, Vaughan, Milsom??, Husin, Osbourne, Howes, Alessandra, Stead, Etete.

Loans that will expire; Schofield, Barclay, Thomas.

All other remaining players I understand are under contract for the 19/20 season to which the only contracted players for the 20/21 season are Enzio and Hemmings.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has the stench of a Hardy signing.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I believe the following players will be out of contract so by default will be able to walk away at the end of the season;

Brisley, Duffy, Ward, Evina, Hewitt, Oxlade-Chamberlain, O’Brien, Vaughan, Milsom??, Husin, Osbourne, Howes, Alessandra, Stead, Etete.

Loans that will expire; Schofield, Barclay, Thomas.

All other remaining players I understand are under contract for the 19/20 season to which the only contracted players for the 20/21 season are Enzio and Hemmings.

Thought O'Brien had an 18 month contract.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast