+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I believe the following players will be out of contract so by default will be able to walk away at the end of the season;

Brisley, Duffy, Ward, Evina, Hewitt, Oxlade-Chamberlain, O’Brien, Vaughan, Milsom??, Husin, Osbourne, Howes, Alessandra, Stead, Etete.

Loans that will expire; Schofield, Barclay, Thomas.

All other remaining players I understand are under contract for the 19/20 season to which the only contracted players for the 20/21 season are Enzio and Hemmings.
    I would keep (if we could) O'Brien, Osbourne, Howes, Alessandra and Etete. The rest can do one. In fact, I wish they would walk away now

Looking at that list of players we really messed up this year with signings.

If it is true that we had a big budget why weren’t the likes of Akinde on the list? Sometimes the obvious signings are the best signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    Looking at that list of players we really messed up this year with signings.

If it is true that we had a big budget why weren’t the likes of Akinde on the list? Sometimes the obvious signings are the best signings.
    I've said the same a number of times. We needed to replace Shola and Yates. If we'd given O'Connor an offer he couldn't refuse and signed a proven target man like Akinde, we'd be OK. Then all we'd need is a couple of decent defenders.

What Slack said. Funny how we all know the rudiments of building a competative L 2 team but the manger, the owner and the coaching staff didn't. Gawd I'm so depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What Slack said. Funny how we all know the rudiments of building a competative L 2 team but the manger, the owner and the coaching staff didn't. Gawd I'm so depressed.
    Correct Akinde was a name that quite a few Notts fans I spoke to mentioned.

It’s clear pressure was put on Nolan to play a different brand as I don’t believe he would want to play that way I look at his playing career and a huge influence was Big Sam who played percentage football something we should have done.

Look at Cowley at Lincoln did he change no he carried on with what he believes is right and he will be rewarded with promotion and more than likely a bigger job at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinola View Post
    Oxlade-Chamberlain has the stench of a Hardy signing.

This year it seems, we have mostly had 'Preparation Hardy'. Otherwise known as 'Preparation H', and yes, you know where you can stick that.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    It’s clear pressure was put on Nolan to play a different brand as I don’t believe he would want to play that way I look at his playing career and a huge influence was Big Sam who played percentage football something we should have done.

Look at Cowley at Lincoln did he change no he carried on with what he believes is right and he will be rewarded with promotion and more than likely a bigger job at the end of it.
    Notts fans, including several on this message board, were calling for Nolan to play a more attractive style even though his previous methods had been working. He suddenly brought in Noor Husin and Liam Noble and changed from 4-4-2 to a three man midfield with pretty passing in the home games against Crawley and Exeter last season, and we lost both matches having been rock solid at home up to that point. Even though we still made the play-offs, I think the roots of our demise lie back there.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think Hardy needs to come out and tell the fans what the plan is now. He said a week ago that he hadn't run the numbers for the 'Doomsday Scenario' yet, but now is the time. If he doesn't have the stomach to fix what he broke, the fans need to know.
    That would be the 100% worst possible leadership move he could make. Crazy idea.

^^^^
    Agreed Swale. The best thing Hardy can do right now is let the fans vent their spleen in the echo chamber and say as little as possible. Whatever he says at this point will be used in evidence against him, so stick to 'No comment'. Whatever his plans are, and however they turn out, this will all become apparent soon enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12