+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield

Huddersfield

Had a conversation with my friend tonight.

I thought/think that Huddersfield are down and that no matter who they get in their squad just isn't good enough to compete in the prem. Therefore they should look for a manager that will be able to get them promoted next season, maybe with a hefty bonus for keeping them up.

He thinks there not down yet and should look for a manager that could potentially keep them up, an Alladyarce or Pulis etc.

Any thoughts from the board?

1/20 best price with the bookies. I think they are gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Had a conversation with my friend tonight.

I thought/think that Huddersfield are down and that no matter who they get in their squad just isn't good enough to compete in the prem. Therefore they should look for a manager that will be able to get them promoted next season, maybe with a hefty bonus for keeping them up.

He thinks there not down yet and should look for a manager that could potentially keep them up, an Alladyarce or Pulis etc.

Any thoughts from the board?
    The two you mention are possibly the best craftsmen available for the kind of situation Huddersfield are in.

I'd imagine an enormous bonus would be dererved for retaining Premiership status.

I'm with you, Jammy...I think they've had it. You look at that Leicester team that went on that incredible run under Pearson the season they almost went down....and the season before they won the Prem???!!! ffs.....and it had some fantastic players of the type Huddersfield just don't have. They'd have to more than treble their current points tally with fewer games left than the ones they've played to get to 11 points so you've got to think they're gone.

....never over till the obese woman but barring a serious turnaround its over for them.

A new boss of worth the players can buy into and maybe 3 or 4 quality signings might change things quickly though.

Bit like us - cept we already have the manager, just need the 3 or 4 signings to make it to.mid table safely.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)