+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hendrick rejuvenated...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We all knew on here sinkov that Hendrick is never going to be a number 10.

I find it hard to believe he's going to be the long term answer at number 7 as well BT, but he's off to a good start so we'll see. Could this be one of those very rare occasions when I'm wrong ? Surely not. I did like that inch perfect, exquisite pass through the defender's legs to Bardsley, it reminded of Jimmy Mac, and you can't give higher praise than that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I find it hard to believe he's going to be the long term answer at number 7 as well BT, but he's off to a good start so we'll see. Could this be one of those very rare occasions when I'm wrong ? Surely not. I did like that inch perfect, exquisite pass through the defender's legs to Bardsley, it reminded of Jimmy Mac, and you can't give higher praise than that.
    Indeed sinkov.

Indeed sinkov.
    I agree that Hendrick is rejuvenated but much of the way he plays is down to Phil Bardsley not allowing him to wander away from his position. Well it continues. Jeff keep listening to PB and you will revive your confidence

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I agree that Hendrick is rejuvenated but much of the way he plays is down to Phil Bardsley not allowing him to wander away from his position. Well it continues. Jeff keep listening to PB and you will revive your confidence
    Good pro is Bardsley, been there, done it and not afraid to put the leg in!

Good pro is Bardsley, been there, done it and not afraid to put the leg in!
    I'm getting quite fond of Bardsley, I'd say he puts his boot in rather than his leg BT, which makes a nice change from Lowton, who seems like a nice lad but is a bit too namby-pamby for me. Bardsley might not be even close to being the best RB in the Premier League, but you don't want to be taking liberties with him, which is as it should be with a defender.

What usually sits on the bottom of a footballer's leg sinkov? Your constant need to be pedantic suggests to me a grammar school education in your formative years?

What usually sits on the bottom of a footballer's leg sinkov? Your constant need to be pedantic suggests to me a grammar school education in your formative years?
    Maybe it's an age thing BT, but when I played right-back in the Burnley Combination many years ago, if you wanted to put the frighteners on a winger you put the boot in, not the leg. I've never heard of putting the leg in, I doubt the likes of Tommy Smith, John Angus or Keith Newton had either.

Maybe it's an age thing BT, but when I played right-back in the Burnley Combination many years ago, if you wanted to put the frighteners on a winger you put the boot in, not the leg. I've never heard of putting the leg in, I doubt the likes of Tommy Smith, John Angus or Keith Newton had either.
    yes and those boots of old really hurt when you got one put in.. Not like the soft leather trash they wear today were they.. Mine were like clogs.. Lol

You obviously never played on the left wing sinkov, nor came across Chopper (alias BT) known locally as "King of the Dead legs"!

You obviously never played on the left wing sinkov, nor came across Chopper (alias BT) known locally as "King of the Dead legs"!
    Never had the skill to play on the wing BT, I played centre-forward as a youth but soon switched to right-back, easiest position on the pitch imo, most left wingers were spotty faced ****agers who really didn't like it up 'em. Besides, back in the day full-backs were only expected to cross the half-way line for corners, overlapping full-backs were only just coming into the pro game back then, you never saw one down Towneley or on the Prairie, thank god.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)