+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leigh Curtis match ratings

Leigh Curtis match ratings

Is this guy for real with these ratings?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...l-love-2448130

Agree. Did he go to the wrong game? We could start recovery by getting an accurate NEP reporter. What utter nonsense.

Was Leigh Curtis at the game? Pierce Bird was my man of the match. He looked solid and was desparately unlucky not to score. More like 7 or 8 than a 6!

Hewitt 6? He missed a sitter and lost his man to give them a free header for the first goal.

O'Brien had a very quiet game. Just seemed to shout at everyone else for his mistakes ala Duffy. Definitely not an 8 performance.

Spike the clubs honorary nodding dog

Waste of time. He has to keep in with people at the club otherwise his job becomes obsolete. You get much better analysis of games by people on here.

I would give Ardley -10 for selecting such a negative team for a must win game against one of the worst teams in the division.Also, he ballsed up once again with his substitutions taking off the wrong players, which effectively made us worse..Does he actually know what he is doing? I'm beginning to doubt it.

These are always comical / a waste of time, but last weeks were particularly bad when he gave O’Brien and Milsom the same mark (6), when in reality there was at least four points between them.

He either doesn’t watch the game, doesn’t understand it, or writes them beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    These are always comical / a waste of time, but last weeks were particularly bad when he gave O’Brien and Milsom the same mark (6), when in reality there was at least four points between them.

He either doesn’t watch the game, doesn’t understand it, or writes them beforehand.
    Or he has mates within the squad who give him stories and interviews, and he won't criticise them.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would give Ardley -10 for selecting such a negative team for a must win game against one of the worst teams in the division.Also, he ballsed up once again with his substitutions taking off the wrong players, which effectively made us worse..Does he actually know what he is doing? I'm beginning to doubt it.
    It wasn't the first time he's switched things around and made a pig's ear of it. The changes yesterday created more problems for ourselves than Yeovil, and yet again you got the sense the players didn't know what was being asked of them when things changed around. Huge holes suddenly appeared at the back and Yeovil were able to relieve the pressure for the last 20 minutes, when we didn't manage an effort on goal. Very poor.

Just been reading the Leigh Curtis webchat and these two stand out. Thoughts please as I think Curtis is a complete Muppet

Paul: Are you disappointed / surprised by the team selections, match tactics and game management (lack-of) by Mr Ardley? Same old players keep getting selected and they keep failing. Why does Stead play 90 minutes of every match, the guys legs have gone, stick a CB upfront! Give the youngsters a go!
    Hi Paul, hope you are well but no I am not surprised or disappointed with team selections as what else is there to choose from? I think the manager would love to give Stead a rest, but Hemmings is injured and Stead is the top goalscorer. And what happens if the youngsters are given a go, but suffer a defeat. The fans would go bonkers at not playing the strongest team available.

Sally: How has Ozzy not been given a chance at right wing back?! It's a joke
    Hi Sally, as much as I like the thought of having a team full of young players, would now be the right time to play them in a pressurised situation? There’s a time and a place to try young talent. Now isn’t one of them imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast