+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sportscene coverage

Sportscene coverage

Is it just me but was the coverage of the Queen's great performance and result away to Dundee given scant minutes , barely that, last night? The cup is all about romance and the chance for the underdogs to take on the bigger teams especially at their grounds and yet they spent the first 15 minutes covering the routine Celtic win at home to Airdrie then analysing the game. Second up was the Auchenleck great win against Ayr but that game hardly deserved the time it got as it was pretty rank generally and half the program time is gone. Then they decide to squeeze in other equally good result games, including the Queens game, in a brief round up section. Come on BBC get away from this constant Old Firm bias especially when it comes to the Scottish cup weekend and give us and others fairer coverage. Thirty seconds of coverage of that performance at Dens Park is scandalous and I am now awaiting the QoSTV coverage with baited breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Is it just me but was the coverage of the Queen's great performance and result away to Dundee given scant minutes , barely that, last night? The cup is all about romance and the chance for the underdogs to take on the bigger teams especially at their grounds and yet they spent the first 15 minutes covering the routine Celtic win at home to Airdrie then analysing the game. Second up was the Auchenleck great win against Ayr but that game hardly deserved the time it got as it was pretty rank generally and half the program time is gone. Then they decide to squeeze in other equally good result games, including the Queens game, in a brief round up section. Come on BBC get away from this constant Old Firm bias especially when it comes to the Scottish cup weekend and give us and others fairer coverage. Thirty seconds of coverage of that performance at Dens Park is scandalous and I am now awaiting the QoSTV coverage with baited breath.
    Agreed 100 per cent but the scant coverage on these BBC Scottish Cup round - ups has been going on for years and
    I can't see it change in the future tbh.

I liked the way on their analysis of the match, all they could say was "Dobbie has scored 33 goals, could he end up scoring 50 goals this season"

Glad you mentioned the standard in the Talbot v Ayr game Spike . I don't want to take too much shine off Auchinleck's win but the quality was dreadful. Ayr kind of slumped to a junior level. Talbot were quite content to sit in and launch the ball up the park and Ayr couldn't break them down , looking very ponderous as well. To be fair , the park didn't look great but that was a shocker from Ayr all the same. Every since they hammered Dundee United at Tannadice, there has been a steady slump in their play and fortunes.

Radio Scotland and BBC coverage of Queens has always been woeful, the have always only been interested in the old firm and central belt teams.
    When the SPL clubs were on holiday, queens still were hardly mentioned, and when they did it was just to mention Stephen Dobbies goal record

Exactly 50 seconds action shown from yesterday’s Dundee v Queens game.

Let's hope Stenny and Queens progress as Michael Stewart saying a few All-Premiership Scottish Cup ties and a potential one...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Let's hope Stenny and Queens progress as Michael Stewart saying a few All-Premiership Scottish Cup ties and a potential one...
    When the draw on TV got down to the last few teams I felt sure we were going to get Celtic for the first time since the 1990s - alas no !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    When the draw on TV got down to the last few teams I felt sure we were going to get Celtic for the first time since the 1990s - alas no !
    Honestly thought this was our turn.

Queens blew it big time in injury time that night in Coatbridge vs. Albion Rovers when JT was in temporary charge to meet Celtic...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)