+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts County

Notts County

Come on Chalky,spill the beans... What's going on at your famous club then? I just looked at the table and had a shock,I didn't realise you were so far behind the other clubs.. I can remember when Burnley were in the same position in the eighties.. You must be destraught with things.. You finished last season just missing out on promotion so something must be going on , I just hope you can turn things round as I don't want to see a club with your history going out of the football league.. Good luck for the rest of the season mate..

We've been in this position before Alf but not so early in the season to be so worried,the players don't give a ****,the owner is chucking money at the problem left,right and centre but it's not working,we spent most of last season in the playoffs and invested heavily (for league two) on strengthening the team this season but I can't remember the last time that we was out of the bottom two,this is my worst season in 40 years watching Notts and I just can't see us getting out of the predicament that we are in
    I can remember Burnley nearly leaving the football league,didn't you survive on the last day if memory serves me right?

Every good team’s done that at least once Chalky, usually with the help of an on-loan keeper who scores in injury-time.

Now it’s your turn.

Aye,I loved that story of Jimmy Glass who came in on loan from Swindon who not only scored the last goal of that season but his goal was the goal that kept Carlisle up in the 90+ min,he then finished his football career after failing to sign to anyone,if I was Jimmy i would be telling that story every time that I went to the pub,what a way to end your career

Swindon do a lot for yoose oop t'north tha nose

Thanks Alfie for bringing that up, like you I never thought that the original Magpies would be in trouble as I had them for promotion this year. Don't want to see them exit the League, just a few years back I donated a Millwall pennant for their sports bar. Now is the time to get a few loan signings in.

Same here Claw,id rather see Forest in their position..

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Thanks Alfie for bringing that up, like you I never thought that the original Magpies would be in trouble as I had them for promotion this year. Don't want to see them exit the League, just a few years back I donated a Millwall pennant for their sports bar. Now is the time to get a few loan signings in.
    This season has been a total shock because like you claw I had money on them going up,we finished in the playoffs last season and Hardy spent heavily strengthening the side for a top three finish this season but our football has been absolutely abysmal,our defence is non existent and nobody likes to run after the ball in case they get the stitch,I think that there is only a team bus to the ground to make sure that they turn up,we've been a football league club and one of the original 12 founder members for.157 years but I fear this could be our last,it really is that bad
    The thing is as I've stated elsewhere is that after 40 years of supporting Notts I was going to call it a day this season and go and watch some non league football with my mate,go back to watching Arnold Town like I did as a lad and end up full circle,the irony isn't lost on me

Hi cocopops, it would be a sad day indeed if County were relegated. I noticed that last season during your attempt to get promoted you had some decent crowds and I hope you can turn things round. I remember watching Spurs play a top flight game at Meadow Lane sometime in the eighties and if my memory serves me well we scored a late equalisor in a 2-2 draw.

We had a great side back in the 80's davee,players that had passion and belief,roll on a ten years and we had dropped a couple of leagues and pulled out Spurs in the cup and nobody gave us a chance but we ended up winning 3-0 against the odds,one of best games of my life,Spurs had some good names come up to play us but it was just our day that day,I think it was just after that game that Ozzie got the sack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast