+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phil Windsor gives us all a driving lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Junction bumps and shunts are often left to the insurance companies to sort out without a prosecution. If that were not the case, the police would have time to do little else and the courts would be clogged up with them. The key factor that the police take into account when making a prosecution decision is the level of culpability of the parties. If in a junction collision there is evidence, for example, that the junction is a difficult one with limited visibility or there is evidence that the other party was speeding, then that might cause the police to conclude that the level of culpability of the person emerging from the junction is too low to justify prosecuting. As for stalling, how many drivers can honestly say that it has never happened to them?
    You’ve surely driven a Mokka, with auto stop start. Stalls regularly.
    But she does in mine too, not just hers, so it must be the driver, not the modern car
    Last edited by Jules88; 20-01-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Call me ageist or whatever but a 97 yr old shouldn't be driving imo.

Latest theory/reason/excuse for the crash I heard was that Phil was "blinded" by the sun. Why is that an excuse ? If the bugger couldn't see oncoming traffic tha can't just think, "Fek it, I'll just pull out and hope nobody's coming".

Interesting that the only concern from the Royals to the women ez been a phone call from a police liaison officer saying the "Royals wish to be remembered to you". Phil will ev been advised by his legal team not to say "Sorry" or express any sympathy for the broken wrist in case it is used as admission of blame/guilt.

I'll be as shocked as the shockest person in Shocksville if any prosecution arises. Phil will get off scot free.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-01-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Latest theory/reason/excuse for the crash I heard was that Phil was "blinded" by the sun. Why is that an excuse ? If the bugger couldn't see oncoming traffic tha can't just think, "Fek it, I'll just pull out and hope nobody's coming".

Interesting that the only concern from the Royals to the women ez been a phone call from a police liaison officer saying the "Royals wish to be remembered to you". Phil will ev been advised by his legal team not to say "Sorry" or express any sympathy for the broken wrist in case it is used as admission of blame/guilt.

I'll be as shocked as the shockest person in Shocksville if any prosecution arises. Phil will get off scot free.
    Saying sorry is tantamount to admitting liability at least in the eyes of insurance companies
    Not so sure the monarchy will have vehicle insurance as they have sufficient financial funds to settle any liability [might be wrong but that's my understanding] Royals Legal team would no doubt offer the same advice
    I agree SB & I will join your Shocksville statement
    Just as an aside my own daughter a few years ago was pulled over by the police for failing to wear her seatbelt [no accident involved] & was fined can't recall how much [no having a word there]
    I think the victim will remember the royals without being reminded by a liaison officer
    Funny how two days later he was seen driving again this time with sunglasses Would be odd not to having used the sun as his "excuse" previously
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 21-01-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Heard a rumour the 2 woman and the bairn are to be prosecuted for trespassing on Phill's rooad. A bit of good news is Rees-Mogg his sending his nannie rand to look after the bairn because of the broken arm.

This rumour is a more creditable that Phill was all a panic because he will have to fork out £65 to stay in the country or be deported back to Greece all this worry makes a man do the stupidest things.
    Last edited by upthecolliers; 21-01-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    This rumour is a more creditable that Phill was all a panic because he will have fork out £65 to stay in the country or be deported back to Greece all this worry makes a man do the stupidest things.
    Feel sorry for those migrants that have lived and worked in this country been married and have to apply. Just the word apply implies that there will be refusals.

Worrying times indeed.

Still no news on Phil's prosecution fo driving without due care and attention/ dangerous driving.

It may ev been blocked at the Police stage and nivva got to the Crown Prosecution Service ( there may be a clue in the name ) or the CPS may be "considering" if there is a case to answer.

I suspect the decision will be released on a "big news day" such as next Wednesday after the Brexit votes so it slips to a corner of Page 5.

The Palace PR Dept ev sent a letter to the lass injured in the car crash saying Phil is "deeply sorry" and finally accepting blame for the accident, blaming the low sun causing him not to see the oncoming car.

I fully expect a prosecution for driving without due care and attention as would be normal practice in such circumstances.

Wotz tha meean dunt 'old thi breath--I have complete faith that people will be treated the same under the law be they prince or pauper.

Still no news on the decision whether to prosecute Phil after his admission he caused the accident. Busy news day tomorra with the Brexit stuff and national speculation over Pinnock transfer so Palace PR could well quietly release the decision not to prosecute then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast