+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts Mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All I can really remember of that season is that we were awful throughout and finished two places above them. I think the sense was one of relief that we had stayed up rather than gloating at them going down.
    I remember the same. I was just glad that there were two teams worse than us. I honestly can't remember them coming back up either, but I guess we were in L1 by then.

The way some Mansfield fans are going on, it's like we've been sticking the boot into them for years and this is their chance to get us back, but that simply isn't the case. They simply weren't on our radar all those seasons when we were a division or two above them.

It all comes across like some sort of collective small-man syndrome.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 22-01-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Why?
    so i can count them on the fingers of my one hand!

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    so i can count them on the fingers of my one hand!
    Handy.

Anyway my Staggie friend, you didn't answer my questions, so I'll post it again.

Genuine question: what is it with Mansfield fans and their obsession with other teams' struggles? Do you think anyone else gave a damn when you got relegated to the Conference? Maybe a few Chesterfield fans did, but I don't remember it really registering among most Notts fans.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 23-01-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Handy.

Anyway my Staggie friend, you didn't answer my questions, so I'll post it again.

Genuine question: what is it with Mansfield fans and their obsession with other teams' struggles? Do you think anyone else gave a damn when you got relegated to the Conference? Maybe a few Chesterfield fans did, but I don't remember it really registering among most Notts fans.
    I think it is normal for rival fans to take the p-as out of each other when one is struggling, there were plenty on here laughing at Forest when they went down into div. 1 a few years back. Some even laugh now when they lose even though we are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think it is normal for rival fans to take the p-as out of each other when one is struggling, there were plenty on here laughing at Forest when they went down into div. 1 a few years back. Some even laugh now when they lose even though we are crap.
    You are right, it is normal. But I think the degree to which Stags fans do it is not normal. On their forum, the two biggest threads are about us and Chesterfield and how **** we are. And that's during a promotion campaign.

Like I said, I don't remember that type of thing happening when they got relegated, or all those years they were ****.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 23-01-2019 at 11:24 AM.

May I suggest 0nef00tballforum if this site does drop us. Just let me ke the old rivals site years ago. Bout 8 Notts fans in it and all clubs talk together proper banter

Note obviously 0 are o

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    There's not one single non league club on the Mad site which is a bit worrying
    Ive pulled a few strings Chalky, and believe me its better news now for Notts County Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive pulled a few strings Chalky, and believe me its better news now for Notts County Mad.
    Knowing you Acido, I'll bet that's not all you pulled,

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Knowing you Acido, I'll bet that's not all you pulled,
    Friends in high places Tricky lad, you ought to get yoursen a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So we won't get relegated should be get relegated then Acido?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast