+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How easy is it to get back?

Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
    As a suffering Chesterfield supporter, I’ll be honest with you and say the National league isn’t an easy league to get out of. You need to put every effort into staying up as the reality of Non league will soon hit hard if you do fall through the trap door. Alot of the teams in this league are well funded and all of them are difficult to beat. You will come up against some part time teams, but there is nothing amateur about their physicality, work ethic and organisation.

After overcoming the pain of relegation, you will start to feel optimistic about seeing new teams and visiting new grounds. Arrogantly, you'll think you are a big fish in a little pond, but it will soon become apparent that you are just the same as the rest (tin pot). I thought it couldn’t get much worse than getting relegated but losing easily at home to the likes of Maidstone and Gateshead and getting truly thrashed by Solihull Moors (4-0) is about as bad as it gets.

Oh and the standard of refereeing is truly abysmal.
    It’s an interesting point about visiting new grounds and seeing new teams but I don’t think that there would be all that much of this if Notts were relegated.

I reckon that the only National League teams that Notts haven’t played in a competitive match since 1970 are AFC Fylde, Braintree, Bromley, Dover, Eastleigh, Harrogate, Maidenhead and Solihull. Of these 8, 4 are in the promotion race and 3 are in the relegation struggle at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
    It takes time to adapt to this league. Orient suffered last season and have managed to kick on. We’ve struggled badly although we are starting to get to grips with what is required.
    Can you bring a pint in to the stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I didn’t mention Scarborough in the original post because they were relegated in 1999, before my starting point of 2002/3 season. So it’s now 20 seasons since they were in the League.

It’s good to hear that they are making progress again, although I believe that, as with Rushden and Darlington, it’s not strictly speaking the same club.
    Oh my god I barely remember Scarborough in the league and always wondered what happened to them... absolutely gives me a shiver down my spine to think the same could happen to us.... These players need to wake up and fast.

Reading this thread has made me far more depressed than I was previously.....

Quote Originally Posted by chedozie View Post
    Sounds great doesn't it !

The thought of it is filling me with dread and despair.

How has it come to this - no don't answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by chedozie View Post
    It's difficult for me to be more depressed and absolutely ****ed off than I am at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hatrick View Post
    How has it come to this - no don't answer that.
    It hasn't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    These players need to wake up and fast.
    I would suggest that it means very little to 80% of the players. Most of them are sulking, some of them are playing the blame someone else game, some have old legs, some think they are too good for the scrap needed, most of them are just collecting a wage until they are moved on, some of them are just collecting a last wage and feel there is no need to lay themselves on the line for NCFC. We should have recruited and nurtured younger players with a future in the game straight after Munto, but we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't find anything in writing, but as I understand it the lease on the ground is held by the family of Haydn Green, and includes a clause that we have the right to play there as long as we do not drop below Tier 5 (The National League).
    Thanks Elite. The thing I don’t remember hearing anything about is about the Holme Pierrepont arrangement with the council, which I find harder to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Many Notts fans aren't aware that if we get relegated to National North we face losing Meadow Lane. The council have an option to redevelop the site and relocate us to a new, small community stadium at Holme Pierrepoint !
    Maybe, but Notts fans vote in council elections, don't they.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast